The Right Thing To Do

• col._klink
    St Paul

On stand tonight only for a hour or so I was not paying much attention. Late in the gun season I always try to shoot a booner. This year a badly wounded doe walked in under my stand and layed down 50 yards in front of me.

After watching this deer And seeing that she is badly wounded in the left front shoulder. The gun shot was at least a couple days old. Looking through my scoop trying to get a good at the shot it was certain this deer was not going to make it.

I took a head shot to end her suffering. I have lost a buck bow hunting. Not a good feeling wondering how long it took for him to die. I don’t want to go through that again. I guess this is why I decided to put her down.

My question is, what would you do?

offthewall
    Ham Lake ,MN

Quote:

I would have done the same!

x2

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

You did the true sportsman thing to do. You ended her suffering and that’s all there is to it! Congrats on making a tough but ultimately correct call!

lick

Quote:

You did the true sportsman thing to do. You ended her suffering and that’s all there is to it! Congrats on making a tough but ultimately correct call!

This X 2

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Quote:

Quote:

This X 2

X3 as spotsmen we areobligated to take that shot!

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This X 2

X3 as sportsmen we are obligated to take that shot!

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Put her down, enough deer are wounded limping around. Good job.

gobbler
    Central, MN

I just saw a doe limping tonight. It was her back left leg. I didn’t have a shot opportunity but if given the chance, I’m taking her out. I hate seeing a deer suffer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.