in the back yard of where I drink beer, I see deer

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Phishook!!!

Spread the word to your friends about IDO and before you know it there just may be enough guys from Indiana to start that new forum!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

This should work, huh?
    Now, what do I have to do to convince my best friend, long time fishing buddy, beer drinking pal to let me hunt out of his garage so I can pop one of these brothers!!!!

lick

tell him you have to shoot one to get a picture to replace the stinky fish one you have now for your avatar now

very nice btw 2 no doubt shooters

gary_wellman
    South Metro

do you think they’ll get much more mass in the next 2 weeks, or do you think they are done growing by now?

We’ve been watching them since early June. It sure has been fun watching them develop into these nice deer!!!

lick

id say they are about done growing or real close

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would think if you get enuff beer in that garage, he will loosen up a little Nice monsters Gary

bigfoothunter
    Whitewater Valley

Tell him that you give him a case of beer for one shoot at those brutes! Than if you actually take one…..another case of beer

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Hmmm, How about just locking your buddy in a closet until you get one? Nice deer!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice deer Gary, Id buy him a keg and a box of straws.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Real Beauty’s Eh! (In my Bob McKenzie Voice)

Is that in Shotgun zone or archery only?? If it is archery I bet you could find someone to help you out.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

This should work, huh?
    Now, what do I have to do to convince my best friend, long time fishing buddy, beer drinking pal to let me hunt out of his garage so I can pop one of these brothers!!!!

If he truly is your best friend, long time fishing buddy and beer drinking pal – he would let you hunt those bucks!

Maybe he doesn’t think of you in the same light and to him you’re just a beer delivery guy…

Good lookin bucks! I guess the reason they are big is because he keeps guys like you away from them!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I think he might be keeping these to himself. He already has a couple of “NICE” bucks on the wall.

Funny thing is, we always have seen deer back there, thus why he feeds them during the summer. They live in about a 5-10 acre patch of woods. Always see a doe/fawn. Maybe a small little buck. So, he throws up the camera in June.
    HOLY BALLS!!!!!!!!! Low and behold, we have about 6 different bucks coming in to feed! However, 90% of the time, they come in to feed at night. We have yet to see these two boys come into the camera during the day.

To actually get a shot off at either one is slim-to-none chance. Come rut, they will be gone….

It has been a hoot to watch them grow all summer. He must have 100-200 pics of these two bucks!

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Quote:

Nice deer Gary, Id buy him a keg and a box of straws.

Now that’s a great idea!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.