Skull whitening

• livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

I’m working on finishing up my skull mount and would like the skull to be a little more white. What should I do? Bleach? Peroxide? Boil it?

Thanks

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

I’ve had luck with peroxide…Bleach will make the bone brittle…good luck…also check around the internet on do it yourself european mounts, you should be able to find some tips….jay

livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

Thanks, so do you just use normal peroxide thats for cuts and that?? Do you just let it sit in it or boil it?

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

No need for any boiling since it looks like you have done a good job getting the meat off. Just head up the road to Cabela’s and get a whitening kit. I used one from there and I think it worked out well.

gobbler
    Central, MN

tin foil the Antlers and put it in the sun. the sun will bleach it out. it takes awhile… just an option

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

tin foil the Antlers and put it in the sun. the sun will bleach it out. it takes awhile… just an option

Then hook it up to your TV for a few extra channels….

Sorry, couldn’t resist…

big G

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

We clean all the meat off by hand the best we can then we take the pressure washer to it. That really gets it clean. Then we wrap the skull in a bag and dump peroxide in it and leave it in there for a few days. Slush it around when ever you walk past it. Should look like this one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.