1 pic in 2006, 1 pic in 2007

• umichjesse
    Plymouth

I just got an email with another trail cam pic of the deer I shot this year. The guy who also hunts the farm has a number of trail cams set up. When I sent him pictures of the deer after I shot it he found just one picture of it from 2007. Just recently he reviewed his 2006 pictures and he found just one picture from that year as well. Out of hundreds of deer on cameras, this buck only showed up once in 2006 and once in 2007. Nobody saw the buck while hunting except me when he chased a doe 15 yards past my stand. He must have been spending most of his time on neighboring property except when chasing does. It goes to show, never give up even if you aren’t seeing much on camera. Especially during the rut, you never know who is going to show up.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice buck Jesse!

coppertop
    Central MN

Congrats again!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

It goes to show, never give up even if you aren’t seeing much on camera. Especially during the rut, you never know who is going to show up.

Great point! How old do you think this buck was? He certainly looks like he’s 3.5 years or older in 2006.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

I really don’t know how old he is because the DNR weren’t aging deer this year at the registration station. You make a great point about him looking at least 3 1/2 in 2006, but the deer down there grow so fast you just never know.

For comparison, look at this deer that I shot on the same farm in 2005. He was confirmed by the DNR to be 4 1/2 years old. This deer looked older to me than the one I shot in 2007 but without looking at the teeth you can’t really tell.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.