mathews ovation

• bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

I’m not familiar with this bow, my buddy wants to buy a used one for $500. Is that about right?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Bucky,
    Here is some info on this bow from the Mathews site.
    Ovation

The description says this bow is intended more for target competition. As for price, there are some used Ovations on Ebay that are currently quite a bit less than 500.00 (not that they won’t end up more than 500.00). I would have your buddy make a quick call to a Mathews dealer to find out how much a new one costs. Does this one include any accessories. When I bought my Mathews 3 or 4 years ago, I probably spent 300 – 400 on accessories (wisker bisket, site, quiver, arrows, etc.). IMO – Mathews makes a great bow.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Bucky,
    Here is some info on this bow from the Mathews site.
    Ovation

The description says this bow is intended more for target competition. As for price, there are some used Ovations on Ebay that are currently quite a bit less than 500.00 (not that they won’t end up more than 500.00). I would have your buddy make a quick call to a Mathews dealer to find out how much a new one costs. Does this one include any accessories. When I bought my Mathews 3 or 4 years ago, I probably spent 300 – 400 on accessories (wisker bisket, site, quiver, arrows, etc.). IMO – Mathews makes a great bow.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Yeah its loaded up with sights quiver arrows release drop rest stabalizer
    I told him to shoot it and if he likes it get if not keep shopping!

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Yeah its loaded up with sights quiver arrows release drop rest stabalizer
    I told him to shoot it and if he likes it get if not keep shopping!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

If he is going to use it more for hunting, it seems kind of long (40 inches axel to axel). The older mathews (SQ2) I have is only 31 inches. The new Denelin is 33 inches. My old PSE bow was alot longer but now that I’ve been shooting the shorter bow for hunting, I love it. It doesn’t catch on near as many branches. Its amazing how such small bows can still pack such a punch.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

If he is going to use it more for hunting, it seems kind of long (40 inches axel to axel). The older mathews (SQ2) I have is only 31 inches. The new Denelin is 33 inches. My old PSE bow was alot longer but now that I’ve been shooting the shorter bow for hunting, I love it. It doesn’t catch on near as many branches. Its amazing how such small bows can still pack such a punch.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I can’t tell you the value of the bow, but here is a site that has hundreds of bows for sale. Maybe you can compare prices on here or even find one cheaper. I bought a year old Mathews FX2 on here for $200 shipped from Virginia. The bow is excellent and the site has a buyer/seller rating similar to Ebay. bows for sale

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I can’t tell you the value of the bow, but here is a site that has hundreds of bows for sale. Maybe you can compare prices on here or even find one cheaper. I bought a year old Mathews FX2 on here for $200 shipped from Virginia. The bow is excellent and the site has a buyer/seller rating similar to Ebay. bows for sale

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

The Ovation was also developed for hunters shooting with fingers (no release).
    It was discontinued a few years ago and replaced by the Apex.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

The Ovation was also developed for hunters shooting with fingers (no release).
    It was discontinued a few years ago and replaced by the Apex.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.