How high is it?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

How high is it? Can I still launch a boat north of stillwater?

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Im sure you can launch a boat… Ive not seen it lately… but the projection is a 2-3 foot rise…… she is going to be moving mighty fast.. we got another 3.5 inches of rain last night. to go along with the 4.5 inches we got sunday night… they are going to be feeling this even in the mississippi!!
    sure would be nice if it would just STOP now….. we have had PLENTY of rain for the year……..

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Rivereyes……………….coming up through Osceola on the 2nd and 35 was closed at the town park (bridge) and water was flowing everywhere! Tried to get a peek on the way home but all I saw was gawkers everywhere and somebody’s heavily eroded yard. Any word on what that was all about?

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

yeah….. the little creek is damed right there at 35.. there is a cool little falls right there as a matter of fact… in fact the area is called “hidden falls” if you have never seen it… its worth a peak….. anyway.. with all the rain.. the dirt around the little dam washed out…. and the flood nearly washed the building across the street down and over the falls….. Im told the dirt around the building is pretty much gone….. we had 8 inches of rain.. just THIS week!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

You suppose those folks ever thought they’d need flood insurance being on top of the bluff? I’ll bet they’re looking it over now! Thanks for the update! Say, the fall action is upon us…………anything we can coordinate for smallies or muskies or anything else you’d like to chase? I think Sturgeon month is here too……………I’ll have to look at the regulations though…………..can’t remember if it’s Sept. or Oct…………….

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Put in at Fronconia on saturday morning. The water was up to the gravel ramp that was put down this summer. Atleast what was left of it. Last year at this time I was putting in off the piont there. That must be 3′ or more under right now.
    That dam must be a sight. What a mess if it lets go. I do supose it would make some nice structure under the bridge there.
    Fish where a little slow yesterday. No crappies at rock Island. I am sure they are there I just didnt find them. Kept a 15″ and 22″ eye for the pan. Dont usually keep them that big but I was feeling a little hungry. Hauled in one 12″ eye with a 20″ pike attached to its side. I dont know how he thought he was going to get that eye down the hatch. He must of been feeling hungry also.
    All the frogs crooking yesterday got me thinking about fishing eyes with them. I have tryed this a few times in the past and produced a few eyes. Was trying to catch cats on them and kept catching eyes. Alot of the bigger eyes i catch over here in the fall have them in there bellys. Exspecially the fish i catch in the morning. Next time i camp I will have to throw one on at night.
    Good luck fishing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.