Motor Go Boom

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My 115 finally had its first problem last night and what a biggee. Fortunately I was only 1/4 mile from the landing on the Croix. It happended under full speed so I’m not very confident about the diagnosis. Actually it was more like a thud then total loss of rpm’s. Onsite looksee indicated two cylinders no longer firing but plugs did not indicate burned or blown piston. Got it in the shop today and I should know something by tomorrow. Kept fishing though!! Couldn’t let that beer with cheese and crackers go to waste. Didn’t catch anything. Couldn’t make it to my favorite spots! So much for this weekend. Good luck to everyone else!

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Mike-
    Sorry to here about the motor! What kind of motor and what year was it? I’m going to be buying a boat hopefully next year and I’ve started to do a lot of research. I’m looking into a 17′ Angler SS or something similair with a 115 on it. Anyways, the more I read about the new 4-strokes, injection systems, etc, the more I think I would opt to throw a kicker on the boat for trolling purposes. It seems like a lot of the people that try to get by with one motor are having troubles with blowups and other motor troubles. I don’t know if that has anything to do with your problem, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard similar things. Hope things get taken care of quickly, the big fall bite is approaching soon.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

hmmmm lets see… I bet Suzuki runs a Yamaha!… Honda?
    mercury? johnson? uhhhhh.. lets see.. I dunno… oh wait… I got it!!… a force!! right? no wonder it blew up!! man… you got to get something good like a suzuki or something.. whats wrong with ya??

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It’s a 1997 (Suzuki-duh) 2-stoke EFI. Up until this incident it has been flawless. Just one of those things. The dealer said its the first time he’s seen one of these models down. We’ll see.

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Geez, you guys are pretty cruel! I kinda figured it was a Suzuki, but I wasn’t sure if they made a 4-stoke, 2-stroke or if his last name Suzuki!! My wife always tells me I’m a big DUH, I guess I see it a little myself now.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

now dont be that way!!…. I was not coming down on ya…..
    i just have this really bad trait… I cant keep my mouth shut or my keyboard silent…… and I can be quite the joker….. but I did not mean to poke fun at you! sorry bout that……
    guess Im the dumb one… but I can accept that!!
    afterall Im blond!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Easy guys. Its all light hearted here. I knew you were curious about 2 vs 4 stroke. Anyways I have an update.
    It DID go Boom. Lost a piston and it will be out of service for more than a week. My Vermilion vacation in Sept is in jeopardy. Also I will have to go through the break in process again as they are trueing the cylinders putting in all new rings with one new piston. The good news is that Suzuki’s 6 year warranty paid off! I’m on year 5 and they confirmed it was all covered. yeh Have a nice weekend.

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Hey guys, I know you were just jokin’. I’m about as easy going as it gets and it’s good to get some ribbin’ once in a while. Sorry to hear about the motor Mike, but at least it won’t cost you……except when I post a report of how good the fising was on the Croix this weekend LOL! I might be headed out this weekend, if you’d be interested in tagging along let me know.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

sorry to hear about the motor. You have anytime after work open, just let me know. Haven’t been on the ‘Croix lately and could use antoher guy in the boat. ‘Specially someone who know the river pretty well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.