Osceola

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Fishing up here has been a little slow the last few weeks. I was out yesterday afternoon from 3 to 11. Found a few crappies up at rock island. they seem to be staying pretty close to the bottom. There was a few 1# crappies mixed in with the smaller ones.
    Hey Steve O. I pulled a 16.5 smallies out of one of those little channels we fished. Caught it on a ringworm. I also pulled three small walleyes out of there. Caught them on ringworms to. I was amazed how a 10″ walleye would hit the jig head on those worms. I will have to try the ring worms more often.
    Except for the crappies live bait fishing is dead right know. I have caught almost all my fish in the last three weeks on plastic.
    Heading to Mille Lacs tommorow so no morning trip for me this week. But i will be back again next week. I am still looking forward to sept. The fish should start to turn on again then.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Nicely done on the smallie, Mike. Nice fish. Fishing those little side deals was a cool experience. Wish the weather would have stayed better a little longer that day. Rain check please?

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Im sure Mike knows.. cuz he keeps pointing to september….
    but in the fall this strectch really goes lights out… particularly for smallies… but for pretty much everything…… 16″ smallies seemed to be a dime a dozen last fall….. my biggest was a bit over 18″…… and LOTS of decent fish… in the 12″ + range….. I had less luck with decent walleyes…. swarms of short fish though….. and gobs of crappies….. even musky and northerns were not tough to get….. it was great…. easy fishing…. and I only pretty much fished just ONE spot!!…. in pretty much the same area that Mike fishes….. in and around the hole by the Rock Island……
    I heard someone got a couple of real nice flatheads there last week…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.