They’re Biting again!

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have caught some nice eyes the last two times out this week in the old spring haunts. The high water has put them back in those areas. Get our while the water is high! Crawlers work fine.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You are right. They sure are bitting again. I tryed last friday in the high water with little luck. I didnt expect to catch much that night with all the debrie floating down river. Went out again on wensday and i had to fight to keep the fish out of the boat. I started out chasing some eyes but the smallies and whities kept hitting the surface around the boat and where easy pickings so I switched over to fishing them. They would hit anything that would come across the surface.
    This high water level is great for the fishing up here this time of year. I hope it keeps raining to keep it up for awhile.
    Is anyone else starting to think about the fall fishing yet. I cant seem to keep my mind from wandering to thoughts of cooler days and lots of eyes. Last year the walleyes really started stacking up in the holes around labor day and did not stop bitting until. Well I quit fishing them at deer season.(rifle)
    Back to the present.
    Yes crawlers are still the ticket here also. I went through 3 dozen by myself yesterday morning. The only reason i stoped bring minnows is they dont stay alive. I did catch a minnow yesterday on a jig. A shad i think. 3 inchs. Must of been the only one there cause i couldnt catch anymore. I sent it back down and before it hit the bottom i had a smallie on it. Maybe i will have to rig up a cooler for minnows on sat. morning
    I cant waite to get out again on sat. Got to love this high water

Good luck fishing

eleclady

I was out for a few hours Tuesday evening, but my fishing was interrupted with having to rescue a ‘dead in water’ pontoon boat full of kids from the YMCA Camp. Up to that point fishing (trolling) was slow. Were your posts referring to the upper or lower Croix? I’ve not fished much before in the middle of the summer so am still trying to figure out winning fishing techniques for summer conditions coupled with the high water.

And yes, white bass fishing sure can be a lot of fun.

eleclady

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I head out of Osceola or Franconia up by taylors fall.

eleclady

Thanks for the info. I haven’t fished that area much, but I know it sure is beautiful up there. As you most likely can tell from my post, I’ve been fishing the lower Croix, south of Hudson. I won’t be able to go out again until next Wednesday, so I hope they will be biting then.

Good Fishing!
    Eleclady

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.