Quick advice, please

• jwalt49

Folks: Sorry if this is an intrusion on the good discussion, but I’m trying to arrange a little family reunion, my brother and me, to fish on the St.Croix. It’s halfway for us. (I’m from central Iowa.) Any advice, please, on where we might put up for a few days–get a boat and a place to stay. Thought it would be nice to get a little farther up the Lower St. Croix, if only to get a bit out from the shadow of civilization. But, open to any and all suggestions. Thanks much for any advice. I’ll owe ya one… –John Walter

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’d suggest canoeing out of Osceola or St Croix Falls. Rivereyes would probably be able to fill you in more on canoe rentals and such. I’ve lived in Hudson for 3 years and have never done it, but it looks real good. Lots of smallies and a bonus muskie if you’re lucky.

‘Eyes you got any suggestions?

jwalt49

Thanks much for the tip. Actually, I was kind of thinking of St. Croix Falls, too. Can one get around in a motorized boat in that area? (We want to fish, not work too hard.) Sorry, if that’s a god-awful naive question. Like I said, I’m from Iowa….

–John

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

you can for sure use a “motor” boat in this area… when the water drops launching and retrieving it can be fun… but its done without TOO much trouble…. prime fishing up here is Smallmouth.. then like Steve said… there is the odd musky or northern pike… along with some whitebass… and plenty of cats…… and sturgeon… in season….. and lots of crappies in the right time and place… so there is some fishing to be done…..

walleyes are sadly NOT a big thing up here…. most of them run back down south… and there are few keepers left up here…. though you can catch the heck out of under 15″ fish….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.