CPAP cleaners… Any suggestions?

• bullcans
    Northfield MN

I know quite a few guys on here use them. Anybody try the different “Cleaners” that are on the market? So Clean has them for $350 and I have seen them as low as $29. I know you get what you pay for, but has anybody had success with one for less than $350?

Thanks in advance.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

CPAP CLEANERS
    There was good discussion on the previous thread.

Thanks for finding that and bringing it back up DennyO. Seems like So Clean is the only one mentioned in the thread so that must mean that’s the best option…

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’m hoping that those that are using them might chime in as to how they perceive them to be functioning.
    But really, how can you tell if the cleaner is really working or not?

Deleted

I’ve been using a so clean ….. seems to be working ? Smells clean anyway and my nose sores went away. I paid $150 , bought a returned unit from a retailer. I feel like it’s worth that kind of money but no more than that.

grizzly
    nebraska

where can you buy them, a so clean

milemark_714

Soclean uses ozone,so may not be good for those that have respiratory problems.
    3B Lumin uses UV light,so if item fits in drawer,it gets sanitized.Takes very little time,just put in items and wait for the light to go green.Open drawer and use right away.It was a little less expensive than the Soclean,and more versatile.I guess you can even put in a cell phone,but why?Sanitizes toothbrushes and dentures.And also hearing aides.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have a SoClean and it does make the mask seem clean if you go by smell. And I don’t mean it has no odor, there is a clean non fragrant smell when you first put it on after the cleaning.

I will say that it seems like my allergies and stuffiness has gotten a little better.

On the other hand that brownish red color the mask gets over time is still there.

I think my biggest complaint is the coiling around the tube near the mask has loosened from repeatedly putting the mask in the device. It hasn’t put a hole in the tube, yet, but now if my house is positioned certain way it restricts the air. I don’t know if there is a way to prevent this. It happens because there is a seal where you put the hose in and close the lid.

I used my HSA money so I had the illusion of getting it for free.

Despite the cons I would still recommend one. It keeps it far cleaner than when I was doing things by hand.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.