Off Topic C-Pap cleaners

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Anyone use one? Recommendations Battery operated for fishing trips?

Deleted

I use a “so clean” I think it’s called. It’s a regular household plug in.

When I leave home I never take it with me. I always take the cpap, just not the so clean unit.

I was able to use flex money for the purchase of the so clean unit too.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have the SoClean as well and used HSA money to buy it. You don’t need to bring a cleaner on trips, it will be fine.

grizzly
    nebraska

what is the cost of them?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’m very interested in this conversation!
    How do you know that the “So Clean” is doing anything?
    Is there anything that you add to the unit?
    Does it blow in the reverse or does it even move the air?
    How does it work?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It uses oxidation to kill bacteria. You can “smell” the cleanliness when you put it on. Not sure, but my my wife says the room smells better since we got it.

Deleted

It uses oxidation to kill bacteria. You can “smell” the cleanliness when you put it on. Not sure, but my my wife says the room smells better since we got it.

Exactly what I was going to say. My wife says it smells clean and it works. I listen to what my wife says.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I actually think some of my stuffiness during the day that I attributed to allergies has gone away.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’m listening! $300.00?

Deleted

I used to get sores on the inside of my nose from the cpap mask, I don’t anymore since using the soclean & I paid $150. Bought a unit thru the dealer that was returned when someone got buyers remorse.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What are all of your setup?

I got my machine about 7 years ago, so I have an older machine with the humidifier.

I originally had a nose mask and I use a chin strap. That mask would leave marks on my face. I need a chin strap because I am a mouth breather. With the old set up once in a while my mouth would leak making noises that led to me being nudged by the wife.

I switched to the dream wear nasal mask and love it. No marks and no leaks. Even better the hose attaches at the top of my head instead of right at the mask, so it is out of the way when I sleep.

I can remember how groggy I’d be the next day without the machine and waking up alone in the spare bedroom. What an invention!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’m on my second machine both are ResMed’s. I had the humidifier with my first one and hated it because of the moisture it left around my nose, so I deleted its use and got along just fine. The mask I used with it was ResMed Mirage Activa™ Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear. It seemed to work fine. My air was set to 11 to resolve 75 Apneas that I was having over 15 years ago.

After 10/11 years with that machine I was detecting a bit of sleepiness and went back to be retested. Now with a new machine ResMed once again maybe the #9 or #10, don’t remember. I have to use the humidifier dialed to 72%. I have the heated hose and the AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear. Air was upped to 16 and that has resulted to zero apneas.

I too am having an issue with the crust on the interior side of my left nostril just inside of the lower center. I had it last fall winter too. Pug have you always used the SoClean, or were you having a sore nose issue too before?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I just got the SoClean this spring. I have never really had a sore nose or any issue.

I should say that I rarely use my humidifier and not since I got the SoClean. I am not sure if I can use the humidifier because the SoClean tube sits in there. I’d use the humidifier for those few days when my mouth would be super dry in the morning.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Wow, This is better than any Medical or CPAP Forum.

I trust you guys more too.

I haven’t used a cleaner before, but thinking due to nasal stuffiness and now sores (or as I thought it was dry snot at bottom outer part of my nose).

CPAP Resmed since 2001, Got a Resmed S8 back 9 or 10 years ago with a Humidifier.

Looked at the SoClean and another one, can’t remember name.

Thinking I better invest in a SoClean.

Deleted

I too have had zero nose sores since using soclean. I also don’t use the water chamber. Forgot about those sores.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I didn’t use the humidifier on my old unit. I think it was because I didn’t use the heated hose, had the over the nose mask and the lower pressure.

After switching machines and the other changes like a heated hose, nose pillows and the upped pressure I believe that is what is causing the sores. I will say that the pillows that I mentioned above that I’m very happy with them!

Guess I’ll look more into the cleaning machines. Trying to clean in vinegar water with Dawn dish soap has been a pita!

What is anyone else using?

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

I was told by the supplier of the equipment not to use dawn dish soap. Ivory was fine to use.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was told to use baby shampoo. I wasn’t very good at cleaning it weekly, so the SoClean was a no brainer for this lazy dude.

Dan Baker

SoClean is where it’s at! My only complaint is having to change the top flap on the humidifier when I am traveling. I have forgotten to switch the gasket a couple of times and It’s a nightmare. Otherwise, great product, and yes, it smells clean.
    Dan

Deleted

Has anyone figured out how to use one soclean unit for both you & the wife’s cpap machines? A splitter ? One today and the other tomorrow ?

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Think I heard somewhere that the SoClean had an annoying Blue Light? Is this true?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The lights are on for 2 hours. It runs for up to 10 minutes depending on what you set it at and then sits for 2 hours with the light on. It’s kind of loud for those 10 minutes circulating air, but that’s why you set it to run during the day.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Do you run it daily, weekly, monthly?
    Is there some sort of a refill thing that needs to be done to it?
    How many of ya’ll use a heated hose?

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I use a heated hose. Works really good in the winter time especially since the wife likes to keep the temp cold in the bedroom at night.Helps alot with moisture condensation from building up so I don’t get that “girgling” effect in the hose and up through my sinuses at night.
    This “So Clean” conversation is good info to read as I wondered about the product. Just didn’t want to spring $300 for it. My insurance allows me to get new supplies like every 3 months but i’m not always on top of that. I use the vinegar method and am religious about using only distilled water but I still get that musty smell coming back eventually.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

SoClean daily and there is a filter you need to reorder. It lasts 6 months. $30

SoClean timed when my replacement was needed and sent me a coupon lol. Just ordered it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.