CORDLESS filet knives, Rapala vs Bubba

• richsn
    SE/NW WI

I did a search for this topic and couldn’t find anything more recent than a couple years back and I think these things have had improvements since then, so I apologize if I missed something.

I’m thinking about getting a CORDLESS filet knife.

I have the Rapala heavy duty corded one and it works great, but I have applications for a cordless one.

I’m thinking either the Rapala cordless combo or the Bubba cordless combo.

Anyone have any experience or comparison with these?

Thanks

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I have rapala and doesn’t compare to corded, it’s nice, but bubba looks great on paper

shady5

My Rapala cordless is pretty underpowered to the point I only use the corded model.

timhahn4

I only have used the Rapala cordless. I found the blades to be a bit aggressive on the meat. I clean lots of panfish and the occasional Northern for pickling. I bought a set of Mister Twister blades and it changed how the whole knife works. Works great for cleaning deer as well.

fishrob
    Nebraska

My dad has the Repala cordless and I have the Bubba cordless. Dad’s Repala battery life is really good and does a good job at cleaning fish. My Bubba I haven’t used enough to drain the battery but I enjoy the way it cleans fish but it is bigger in the hand. I like the Bubba case and all the extra blades.

milemark_714

I had the cordless Rapala from 2 years ago,and it was ok for crappie and bluegills,was gutless for cleaning perch and walleye.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I bought the Rapala one for a Canada fly in a few years back and it was a donkey on bigger fish. Switched to the Bubba and it wasn’t much better. Went back to the Mister Twister and never looked back. In all honesty I still like using a regular fillet knife best.

E-train

Hmmm… Milwaukee or Dewalt, are you listening?

I’ll take a complimentary first production model when you release one next year as payment for the suggestion.

tornadochaser

I love my cordless bubba knife. Great having the different sized blades available. Makes quick work of a christmas ham as well.

richsn
    SE/NW WI

One differentiation I should have made, apparently there were 2 different Rapala Cordless versions.

An older version marked just as “cordless” and one that they now market as a “lithium-ion” battery version.

I would have thought both used lithium batteries of some sort, but I’ve been told the newer versions (approximately 2 years old OR newer) are better all around (power and longevity).

Can’t confirm any of that, but I’ve now been told that several times.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.