COLD FEET

• Brad Dostal

Tim -I considered Baffin Apex and several others. I decided I really didn’t want leather uppers. I was not able to look at any of them in person so just ended up picking the ones I liked and ordered them. I have had several other boots like 1600 gram La Crosse alpha burly’s, La Crosse icemans, cabelas trans Alaskans which are very good too but the Baffins are my favorite. I really like the Velcro to tighten them also. After trying mine my dad ordered a pair too. In my opinion you will want to order a size bigger. I am a size 11 and ordered a 12 and they fit great. I really don’t think they are that heavy either. Shoot me a pm if you have any other questions.

riverruns
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>riverruns wrote:</div>
    Brand new MM boots just showed up from Mr. USPS. I still have my old pair but they’ve been so good to me to keep my feet warm ordered a new pair as a spare for some day. I’ve never had cold feet with these boots and I get cold feet. Little heavy but it’s not bad.

Where did you get the white Bunny Boots? They have become difficult to find in my size on eBay.

Grouse

Here is where I got mine from.

Attachments:
    1. 15132198915901008684017.jpg

jtstarvinmarvin
    Woodbury, MN

Baffin Apex will be the next pair of boots I own. I’ve read numerous other threads about winter boots on this forum and it seems like you really can’t go wrong with Baffin Apex. Even James wears them! I’m a size 10 and I plan on getting the 12’s since I wear just a thick wool sock with my winter boots. (you want that extra room to keep your feet warm)

I’ve always struggled with cold feet since I was a kid and these Baffin’s sound like the real deal.

Good luck!
    -Jeff

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I used MM boots for years…..warm but heavy as heck…..Got a pair of Baffin Impacts and very happy I did….

Dylan Johnson
    Pequot Lakes Mn

Believe it or not. Mens ugg classic toggle waterproof. Half muck half ugg boot. Pair with a decently warm pair of socks. They are amazing! Google it. Mens ugg classic toggle

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I have a pair of Baffin Wolf boots and I have been very happy with how my feet don’t get cold while wearing them, but I do find them to be bulky, which is not ideal for extensive walking. I usually just put them on when I get to the ice since driving in them is not safe. If there are really warm boot options without the bulk I would like to hear about them.

Todd Hanson

Thorn Bros Blaine. Norfin boots good to -40 very light!! Water proof and they have a built in spike in the heal. $119

Daniel Lukashewski

Thanks for the input . do you generally buy a size larger than usuall

Hugo Despres

Tried a lot of boots. Found that the best so far are the Cabelas Trans Alaska. Outstanding boots! The only problem is if you got big feet like mine (13) and you want to use cleats, there’s not a lot of brands that will fit those boots. Though Yaktrax and Kattoolas will.

NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dustin Gesinger wrote:</div>
    Baffin titan boots, good wicking sock liner and good wool socks.

that’s it right there. exactly my setup. Basically though choose your boot (the titans are a good choice) and wear a sock liner and good wool socks.

Same. Baffin Titans and wool. No sweat no cold. Even when I’m working hard pounding holes. They are a little bulky but they are way lighter than Mickey
    Mouse boots.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.