Cold and ATV

• Gary M

I researched Polaris site someone said there is a newer relay for cold weather for $13 I would give it a try

Attachments:
    1. 215AEF1B-50DF-48CE-AA65-BFC1526DD1D6.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I don’t know if a pull start would help if you’re fuel pump doesn’t work per relay issue

DING! DING! DING! Give that Man a Cigar!

John Timm

Eelpout wrote
    Good luck pull starting a cold 700.
    Never happen

To the naysayers out there. I went out at -15 this a.m after the wheeler has sat for days and pull started it. Took a few good tugs but it started right up with no battery tender or anything. Can’t start a 750 with arecoil start….. I can!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Eelpout wrote
    Good luck pull starting a cold 700.
    Never happen

To the naysayers out there. I went out at -15 this a.m after the wheeler has sat for days and pull started it. Took a few good tugs but it started right up with no battery tender or anything. Can’t start a 750 with arecoil start….. I can!

You Da Man! bow

Kris Berg

Would a pull start even work on an EFI machine if the battery was dead?

Dave maze
    Isanti

Dead- no
    Weak- maybe
    If there is enough juice to run the computer and fuel pump and ignition, then yes.

Angler II

Would a pull start even work on an EFI machine if the battery was dead?

The biggest problem in cold weather is usually the relay being so cold. Neither pull starting or electric start is going to change the temp.

If you can, find relay, warm relay, replace relay, start machine.

If your battery is too weak, a simple jump pack will solve that.

John Timm

My Suzuki 750 is fuel injected. I have pull started my old Suzuki 700 fuel injection when the battery was getting old and wouldn’t turn it over. If the battery is completely dead I think your done though.

Dave maze
    Isanti

-23 and the brute fired right up! yay yay

Kris Berg

I just bought a brand new 2018 Honda Foreman 500. when I was doing some research on accessories, I did see that Honda does sell a auxiliary pull start that you can attach to the machine. I asked the salesman if it was worth the $250ish for it and he told me not if you have a dead battery as far as the EFI is concerned. Afterwards, I got thinking about the old pull start(non electric start) EFI snowmobiles. Did they have a battery or not?

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.