Great day out!

• kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Fished Clear Lake to day, with my good freind T.J.

Started the mornin at the Island around 9:30 Within a half an hour landed a 14 1/8″ walleye on a char. ringworm. Lost 3 eyes that felt like good keepers at the boat. Guess I should have been throwin a H2O jig.

T.J. caught two nice eyes’ in two consecutive casts. The first be 18 1/2 and the second measuring 17.he also lost a nice keeper at the boat with his there’d cast He was casting a white jig with a white/chart grub.
    Should have had a limit of eyes by 11:00. O well guess we had to fish a little more.
    Picked up the remaining eye’s at Billy’s and the outlet.

All walleyes were caught in 4-7ft of water.

Visited the North shoreline around 3:00 for some fast and furious yellow bass fishin. what is showed in the pic is only about half of what we caught. Only diference in presentation was that we swam the jig to catch the yellows. All caught in 2 to 4ft of water.

I do have to say it was a awesome way to end the weekend.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

One of the there white bass I caught. They Like the ringworm too!

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Two very proud fishermen!

nater3
    Webster City, IA

We picked up a bunch of yellows on the north shore yesterday. However, we were trolling lindy rigs with minnows to get them? What method did you guys use? What style/size of jigs were you using?
    Nate

baldwin4
    NE IA

My family was over by the north shore. We caught alot of nice yellows. We caught all of ours on bobber and minnow. It was a very nice day to be on the water.

Congrats on the fishing Moe

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

I don’t think it mattered how you fished the yellows you could have throw the kitchen sink and caught a bunch.

Nate instead of dragging the jig at the bottom I reeled a little faster to swim it. I was using a chart. ringworm and I think a 1/4 oz jig not sure.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

My ears are sunburned, but there’s a smile on my face. We did well everywhere we went Sunday. Too much sun and not enough wind. How often can you say that about the 3rd of April? Everytime the wind blew the fish bit, walleyes that is. No size but lots of fun. Could have kept a limit, if we were so inclined.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Very nice catch I like to see we got some 13 to 14 in fish coming up should make for good fishing in the future.It sounds like alot of different presentations are working. I won,t be able to fish till next week hope they stay on the bite

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.