Clam X-600 Thermal Hub Vs. Otter Outdoors Vortex Resort Thermal Hub Shelter

• Joel

I’m looking at getting into my first hub house. I’ve arrowhead it down to 2 of the larger hub house. Does anyone have some Pros &/or Cons between the Clam X-600 Thermal Hub Vs. Otter Outdoors Vortex Resort Thermal Hub Shelter? Both look like great options…

https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/x-600-thermal-hub-shelter.html

Vortex Resort Hub

I would consider the Eskimo 650xd also the walk through door is awesome!

gonehunting

I’ve got the Clam X-400 (four sided)and it is a high quality hub. Nice size bag also. I believe the Otter would be a quality house also.

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

Clam X600 all the way. It gives you the option to add a floor which you can purchase as a add on to the house if you choose too. comes with a over sized carry bag so repacking it up is easier. overall great house.

Joel

Thanks for the input!

Snowhunter

I just purchased the Otter Vortex Lodge and it seems to be pretty awesome. I set it up in the yard and was impressed. I wanted the Resort but it was just too much for my son and I to be walking out onto the ice. The Lodge is still a good size for us, I can only imagine the Resort being even better!

SnakeShaker

I grabbed that eskimo 650xd. I had a fatfish 6120i, and this hub FEELS way nicer than my old fatfish. The storm shield outer fabric over the quilt is super durable feeling. The actual pole hubs are the same, but they were already heavy duty. The full length door is rediculous. The bag is oversized (compared to rolling on the condom that I used to deal with). Also, the 94 sq ft looks like it is going to feel way bigger. I advise it.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Would be nice if they still offered the polar bird in the states. Love that house. Looks like others are finally getting into the floor game. Makes all the difference

Traditionally ive not been a clam guy but ive fished plenty out of my buddies and its held up for years now. Otter did have some issues with their first hubs but I think that has since been addressed. Otter is a top notch company and they make a great product and they stand behind it too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.