clam drill plate to work with k drill?

• Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

Is there an adapter that is needed for a clam drill plate to fit K drill? My dad bought a k drill earlier and recently bought a clam drill plate and found out two will not fit together.

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

you have to buy the adapter right from Vexilar.

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

There a link or something. Not able to locate the adapter on Vexilar.

buddah6

I got mine right from Vexilar in Bloomington, I bet if you give them a call they’ll ship one out to you…

john-o
    Hastings, MN

Why use the drill plate? It adds weight, cost, and is something else to break. I’ve only used my K drill bit and my cordless (with a handle) for two years with zero issues.

castle-rock-clown

X2 on just using powehead with handle. K-Drill produces minimal torque and mine is an 8″, a 6″ would be even less. But either way, the power drill to auger shaft adapter is needed, my 8″ came with the adapter attached to the K-Drill right out of the box with foam float in place just in case drill chuck loosens.

Crappy Fisherman

Why not use the Clam Plate? It give you more control, weighs very little and keeps your drill out of the water and snow. I have a bad shoulder and might not be drilling without the Clam Plate.

joshd
    Minnetonka

Thanks Monti, I needed this info as well and will stop in to the Vex office to pickup an adapter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.