Chippewa River opener 05/03/08

• Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Well the opener finally came with the cold ,wind and rain ok some of the rain felt awfully hard. Figured to start off with crankbaits and work our way down hoping the eye’s would be very aggressive had one hit two feet from shore with about a foot of line out sad to say walleyes 1 fishermn 0. After beating the water for a while we went to the old jig & minnow had fish inhaling them along with a few biting them off .
    Ended up with Walleyes’ 22, 21, 19.5 above the slot and 13 3/4, 13in below the slot also caught a half doz in the slot along with 35, 33, 30, and 25in Northerns.
    about four in the morning had to warm up in the truck and wring the water out of the gloves cuss the gortex leaking at the seams and wonder if it was worth going back out with soaked pants water in the boots and feeling just coming back into the fingers answer hell yes!!!!! we added another northern and had a couple more eyes in the slot but watched it grow light fishing the opener with good friends and didnt have to put the boat away or fight the wind all night (at least not with the boat) what a great time I’m getting to like the slot limit better evey year!!!!
    Sad to say my camera did not weather the cold as good as we did I’ll try to post pic if I can figure how to get them off my new cell. Chippman

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.