Chilli – The best ever. Seriously

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Spam division? coffee

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Let me kick this around a bit. I’ll need to do a little research.

Stand by!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Are you going to cook these start to finish on site or allow them to be brought in and warmed up?

Why restrict it. Bring it in or cook it on site or start it at home and finish it on site. In the end we will still be evaluating your chili on how it tastes at judging time.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I suppose someone should make some cornbread?! I do love me some good cornbread….with a lil honey butter… bow

@sharon
    , do you make cornbread? mrgreen

picklerick
    Central WI

I suppose someone should make some cornbread?! I do love me some good cornbread….with a lil honey butter… bow

@sharon

My award winning (in my head only) chili is great with cornbread, oyster crackers or corn chips and topped with cheddar, sour cream, and onion. I’ll keep an eye on this thread and hope it happens. I’m about an hour west of Green Bay so it will be a hike for me, but it sounds like fun.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Not related to this, but I still think its odd that Texans dont put beans in their chili.

Even weirder still is people who put mushrooms or corn in chili. I’m tolerant of a lot of things… but that’s where I draw the line.

I saw someone put corn in chili but never mushrooms. What in tarnation! I agree, neither should be in there.

Sharon
    SE Metro

@sharon

I definitely could! Count me in! waytogo

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I definitely could! Count me in!

yay

I am guessing we will be scoring on aroma, texture, flavor, and heat?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sharon M wrote:</div>
    I definitely could! Count me in!

yay

I am guessing we will be scoring on aroma, texture, flavor, and heat?

Chili has to have some heat. Other wise it’s just another cambels soup can.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Alright guys, leave the woman to be the planner LOL. So… first thing’s first what month? Doesn’t make sense to eat a bunch of chili in the warmer months, so are we thinking maybe Sept/Oct? And location – for those who are interested in entering a chili for the cook-off, perhaps reply to this thread with your location and we can narrow down something central-ish, keeping in mind we will need outlets for the crockpots. Anyone willing to host this at their house/garage?

KP
    Hudson, WI

I would love to join in on the fun. I think a late September or October would be good and I’m out of Hudson WI but I’d be willing to drive an hour or so.

picklerick
    Central WI

Depending on location, I’d be interested. I’m not sure I’d cook in the Spam division, but I’d definitely eat it. I spend most weekends near Mercer, WI about 2.5hrs from Duluth until 1st week of Oct. At home, I’m about an hour west of Green Bay. Would probably stay overnight as a proper chili cook and tasting would require way more beer than I can metabolize before driving home.

Edit: Maybe I should clarify. For anyone willing to host this at their place, I’d stay in a local motel and have mrs. picklerick as my DD. I certainly wasn’t inviting myself to crash at your place, especially after this much beer and chili.

ThunderLund78

Would happily participate if convenient (meaning it was reasonably close and I don’t have youth sports obligations for my kids). Only have been on IDO for about a year or so, I don’t think I know anyone personally but would be fun to make some connections.

I’m in New Prague, MN

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Good call Sharon
    The fall sounds like a great idea.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Good call Sharon
    The fall sounds like a great idea.

Agreed, and probably somewhere in the greater Twin Cities area.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Location is still to be determined, but let’s plan a date of Saturday, September 25th!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Location is still to be determined, but let’s plan a date of Saturday, September 25th!

Sounds good. That date fits nicely after archery elk and before mule deer so count me in. Keep me in the loop regarding location.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Hopefully the date works for others too!

Location – How about the Swing Bridge Park in Inver Grove Heights? It’s right along Pool 2 and has the amenities we need and more – electric, indoor restrooms, parking lot, outdoor grills, paved trails.

It’s located at 4465 66th St E, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076

Will this work okay for those interested in making chili and being tasters?

@rodwork

@bigwerm

@picklerick

@thunderlund78

@kp2422

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hopefully the date works for others too!

Location – How about the Swing Bridge Park in Inver Grove Heights? It’s right along Pool 2 and has the amenities we need and more – electric, indoor restrooms, parking lot, outdoor grills, paved trails.

It’s located at 4465 66th St E, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076

Will this work okay for those interested in making chili and being tasters?

@rodwork

@bigwerm

@picklerick

@thunderlund78

@kp2422

I’m in!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Sweet! Thanks, James! Hopefully the others will chime in here and if this can work for a good majority of those interested I can make a new thread that’s more official with details. mrgreen

KP
    Hudson, WI

I am in for the Chilli Cook off. Ive been wanting to get to in on an IDO Get together for awhile!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Awesome, thanks KP! waytogo

This shelter can be reserved from either 11am-4pm or 5pm-10pm. Reserving both time slots doubles the fee, which I don’t really want to do. I’m leaning towards the 5pm-10pm slot, which is better time for eating chili, cornbread, and having a few drinks.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I thought I replied already, but I should be able to make that work! Thanks Sharon!

picklerick
    Central WI

I wish I could commit, but that’s possibly the weekend we’ll winterize our camper up in Iron County. They typically shut off the water 1st weekend in Oct when overnight temps can start to drop below freezing. I will definitely keep this date in mind, so put me down for a definite maybe. 2-3 weeks later would notch it nicely in between the whitetail rut and after camper chores for me but don’t count me out just yet.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’d sure like to meet IDO’ers to someday. i may need to find some reason to make it to the big city then. bit of a drive from stearns cty. doah

Bigworm……..i’ve tried in the supper thread 3 times to qoute and post also recently and when i hit submit……it vanishes????? doah doah blush

ThunderLund78

I will try my best, It’s on my calendar! Potential Sturgeon Trip in the making, but not settled on a weekend yet. Will depend on group’s availability, but 75% chance I’m in. Will know more in a few weeks.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I’ll be there. Probably just as a taste tester. I’m gonna fast for like 3 days before to make sure I have room!!! toast

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I put it on my calendar and should be able to make it. Let me know if there is anything else I should bring other than the 1st place chili, power strips, and electrical cords.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Fantastic! I’ll contact the city to make the reservation and then I’ll make a new post with official details! waytogo

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Any chance to having the New thread as a sticky? I’m missing it already,

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.