Chilli – The best ever. Seriously

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I found this recipe on the innerweb the other day. I went out and picked up all the ingredients and started chopping, measuring, roasting, peeling, etc.
    An hour and a half later I get it to the “lower to a simmer, and cook for 2 hours” so I taste it. I look at the FW and say “I just wasted an hour and a half” it wasn’t very good.

Fast forward 2 hours – UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE it is that good! I’ve never understood layers of flavors but once I taste it – you know.

It’s called Eddies award winning chilli.

EDIT – it wouldn’t load. sorry, I’ll try this
    https://www.panningtheglobe.com/eddies-award-winning-chili/comment-page-1/

KP
    Hudson, WI

This looks really good and I plan on making it. Thanks for sharing!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Them sound like fighting words. It sounds good but I think we need an IDO chili cook off to see. I do most of the same stuff in that recipe. Smoke the ground beef for a couple of hours before frying it to add another layer of flavor.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Them sound like fighting words. It sounds good but I think we need an IDO chili cook off to see.

Agreed, and I’m down for a chili cook off too! I’ll put my venison chili up against any comers, and there may be some similarities in preparation to the recipe EPG posted but that’s all the hints I’ll give! rotflol

picklerick
    Central WI

Them sound like fighting words. It sounds good but I think we need an IDO chili cook off to see. I do most of the same stuff in that recipe. Smoke the ground beef for a couple of hours before frying it to add another layer of flavor.

I’m in. My chili is

The Best

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

FWIW – If I make this you guys just need to bring a spoon and bib. moon

CaptainMusky

That looks like a very similar recipe to what I do. A few different peppers and spices, but otherwise very similar. Not related to this, but I still think its odd that Texans dont put beans in their chili.

picklerick
    Central WI

Looks like it would taste great. To paraphrase Guy Fieri, with bacon and Italian sausage I could make a flip flop taste great. For my chili, I start by rehydrating dried chilies, guajillo, ancho, chipotle, arbol and a little firecracker from Pakistan called the dundicut.

That’s all I’m sharing, and I’ll definitely win. peace

bigpike

Tasting chili is pretty subjective like most things. That being said mine is the best

picklerick
    Central WI

Tasting chili is pretty subjective like most things. That being said mine is the best

I’m making three different kinds and taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. toast

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Not related to this, but I still think its odd that Texans dont put beans in their chili.

Even weirder still is people who put mushrooms or corn in chili. I’m tolerant of a lot of things… but that’s where I draw the line.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Holy Hanna that’s a lot of garlic!!!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Anything with bacon is on my list of food.

JEREMY
    BP

That alot of garlic. You aint kidding. Dont have to worry about Dracula coming over.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ease up on the garlic and add a few more spicy ingredients, then we are talking.

Justin riegel

I will definitely be trying this recipe, I am already usually heavy handed with garlic so I am sold.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Ease up on the garlic and add a few more spicy ingredients, then we are talking.

You can arm chair QB it as I did. Then when I ate it I said I wouldn’t change a thing. Complex depth of flavors, texture and heat. As I hoist the trophy you’ll concur. wink

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Can’t have too much garlic or onions in any recipe that calls for them imo.

ThunderLund78

I agree! My recipe (which I’ll firmly put up against anyones!) used 10 cloves. you can actually see it in the chili when it’s done – and it’s amazing.

picklerick
    Central WI

You can arm chair QB it as I did. Then when I ate it I said I wouldn’t change a thing. Complex depth of flavors, texture and heat. As I hoist the trophy you’ll concur. wink

[/quote]

Trophy’s mine. This recipe came in 3rd so you go ahead and copy it. He said it was beaten by a vegetarian chili and 2nd place was a white chicken chili. I’m sure it’s delicious, but veggies or chicken ain’t placing ahead of my chili.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I wont compete but will happily judge this cook off.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I wont compete but will happily judge this cook off.

You judge. IDO will put up $250 top prize. For the record white bean chicken chili is my favorite of all chili.

Change my mind. devil

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Anyone like theirs on a bed of spaghetti or “Cincinnati style “?

Don’t cry when I win by the way….

glenn57
    cold spring mn

rotflol rotflol this is good rotflol rotflol

do i need to bring a truck load of rolaids!!!!!!! devil jester

by the sounds of it though ??? doah my chili wouldnt even get a participation trophy!!!!!!!! doah cry

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I may need to pull out the Spam and Muskie cheeks to win this one. whistling

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I am serious about offering up $250 to the winner if someone wants to organize a chili cook off. waytogo

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

I am serious about offering up $250 to the winner if someone wants to organize a chili cook off. waytogo

So this would be like…..
    An Official IDO chili cook-off gtg?!?!
    yay woot

We need this.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I can see it now….10 IDO members slaving over hot stoves while downing cold Grain Belt Premiums. Somebody needs to secure a shoreline or park on a river or lake and get this thing a going.
    Are you going to cook these start to finish on site or allow them to be brought in and warmed up?

I’ll stick my money (.25) on EPG. grin Go get ’em big guy!! toast

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I can see it now….10 IDO members slaving over hot stoves while downing cold Grain Belt Premiums. Somebody needs to secure a shoreline or park on a river or lake and get this thing a going.
    Are you going to cook these start to finish on site or allow them to be brought in and warmed up?

I’ll stick my money (.25) on EPG. grin Go get ’em big guy!! toast

It’d be a ton of fun! I’d have to insist on making it the day before, just so much better after time to meld.

Grain Belt and chili, hmmmm, sounds like the cook-off comes with a fireworks show! shock

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.