Cheesehead Crappies

• Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

On Saturday I drove into Wisconsin to meet up with my buddy Matt and his Dad to target some Crappies. The weather was perfect and allowed us to stay mobile & hole hop around all day to catch fish. We found a good average size (10-12″) and some larger fish mixed in. I started the day fishing a 4mm tungsten jig with big plastics but the fish seemed to shy away so I downsized to the smaller profile (3.8mm) tungsten fly and almost every fish I marked turned into a biter. I always have a Wisconsin fishing license so I’m hoping to check out a few new lakes this winter across the border.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Heading that way to visit my son, daughter-in-law and grandkids on Saturday. Spending a few days over the holidays and hoping to get in on some crappie fishing as well. I see you are from Hugo. We may drive a little west (towards your location) of Rice Lake, WI and hit a few of those crappie lakes as well. There are some nice lakes in that area to fish!

Happy Holidays.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

Awesome, I hope you and your family get into some fish! I’m trying to figure out a way to get out on the hard water over this holiday season with all the family plans and get togethers. There are a ton of lakes in that area! That’s about an hour drive or so from me so I’ve actually been looking online at some lakes in that area that I’d like to get out and try this winter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.