Cell Phone Signal Booster

• Fred Garvin

Let them know what carrier your with if they don’t ask.
    If the cable in between the antennas need connectors installed have them do it, they have all the tools/crimper.
    You may be able to get by with a magnetic mount antenna with some gain for the exterior and just remove it when traveling, this would eliminate any corrosion from salty roads. Just my .02.

I have the same issue at our cabin, I’ll be doing the same thing this year.
    Good luck

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

BigWalleye, here’s another solution for you.

I had the same issue at my hunting camp. Crappy to no cell phone data reception inside the trailer.

I bought one of these pay as you go mobile hotspots from StraightTalk. Basically it’s just a wireless internet router so I can connect my cell phone and tablet to the wireless signal from this device.

I can set it in the window of the trailer or outside in a waterproof plastic container. I plug it in to one of those device charging batteries to keep it powered up and it lasts all weekend and then some.

$9.99 for the hotspot, $25 gets me 2 GB of data (and 30 days in which to use it) which for me is enough to listen to Wild games and run internet devices if the kids are up and need to download a movie or two.

I only really need it for the 4 months I’m up there deer hunting, so it’s a more cost effective solution than adding a hotspot to my cell phone plan which you have to keep active all year. For $100, I get all the internet I neeed for the season.

The key is getting that hotspot outside where the metal walls don’t screw up the reception. Sometimes just putting it in the window works fine, but on some days even that isn’t good enough and I have to put it outside in the waterproof case to get a good signal.

Just another idea for you.

Grouse

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

You could try one of these mounted on your house. Just make sure the light blinks. waytogo

Attachments:
    1. gettyimages-435-64-640x640.jpg

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishking22 wrote:</div>
    The dude literally was just asking if anyone has experience with a cell phone booster and everyone decided they were going to tell him what to do and how to parent. Smh

applause

The dude literally was just asking if anyone has experience with a cell phone booster and everyone decided they were going to tell him what to do and how to parent. Smh

Welcome to IDO in February.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.