Pre-fishing for the 21st

• Moores Bait

Moore’s Bait & Tackle is having another one of its catfishing contest next Saturday the 21st of July. The boundries remain the same, being the trussel bridge in Carver to the confluence of the Mississippi for the Minneasota. Then pools one & two of the Mississippi. The START time is 7:00pm to 6:00am Sunday with the winner being announced at Moore’s at 3:00pm. At that time a picture with length and girth measurements should be submitted. Pizza and pop will be served at the gathering, along with a bunch of fish tales from the night before.

I am not sure if I heard Larry right, but I think he said “he would be glad to share some of Dtros’ spots with the rest of us in order for all of us to have a chance to catch some fish”.

We look forward to having another good time, and hope you can make it to the contest. Please sign up ($10.00 entry fee) at Moore’s by close next Saturday. this is a catch and release contest only, with payouts in both channel and Flatheads.

Good luck to all, and as a side note I think larry’s new net is abit small for what we’re fishing for.

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

I am not sure if I heard Larry right, but I think he said “he would be glad to share some of Dtros’ spots with the rest of us in order for all of us to have a chance to catch some fish”.

with payouts in both channel and Flatheads.

Good luck to all, and as a side note I think larry’s new net is abit small for what we’re fishing for.

I think I need to exchange the Net I ordered for the bigger one.

As far a DTRO’s spots……. If I open my mouth I might end up with with concrete shoes. Those Jordan boy are pretty old school.

Last note. The contest pays out on the top 2 spots of each species….

Come join the fun!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Team Pug is going for a sweep this time baby. Although the spot we caught the winner last time in the flat category won’t do it for us this time unless a monsoon rolls through.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

I’d be happy to share every spot Larry has showed me

Did a little prefishing tonight and ended up with 4 fish in the boat. Biggest flat was 16lbs and biggest channel was 13.5.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I need to see if Chris wants to get out tomorrow for a little while. We came across a spot the last time out that keeps going through my head.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well the pre-fishing we did today was during the day and I hope things are better next Saturday. Can I retract my schmack talk?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

This ones for Larry….

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Got Kleenex…

Yeah, can you get Thor to autograph it for me?

You must have meant to put this one in the other thread…. Lets see how team pug does this weekend…. I’d be happy to autograph some kleenex for you after the contest…. Just make sure that you bring enough to last you all night.

What? You banking some people get disqualified again??? Oh, I suppose you are riding Dtro’s coat tails again.

I didn’t want to hijack the other thread.

ps. I’ll be happy if I just catch something!

larry_haugh
    MN

interesting points pug.
    Can I get your autograph on some kleenex…..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I guess that all depends if I am brave enough to show my face on Sunday.

It’s going to be a long Saturday! Early in the morning I have to run out to Blaine to pick my daughter up. From there it is the Co picnic at the zoo and I am sure my GF, daughter and I will close the place down. Then I will have to race to meet up with Chris. We probably won’t venture far from the launch as he is concerned about his lower unit navigating those waters in the dark and I don’t blame him.

I am looking forward to Sunday since I haven’t seen most people since Mill Ruins.

Kind of weak how I go from schmack talk to making excuses before I even wet the line.

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

I guess that all depends if I am brave enough to show my face on Sunday.

Kind of weak how I go from schmack talk to making excuses before I even wet the line.

We appreciate your candidness. It’s one of your few redeaming values…. But your not off the hook. Schmack is Schmack and the best part of it all is it can not be retracted……. It will be good to get together. I’ll pm you my cell put it your phone and shoot me yours. We got a little Moores contest text network going during the contests to keep everyone awake.

Moores Bait

The networking being how to stop Audemp and I from running away with it. Just a little inside information here, we may have out of town guests in this one. meaning you may know how and where we go, but my understanding is that these gentlemen are ringers (larry & Dtro). Just thought I would throw that out for you guys to think about.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Ring this

nah just kidding

Looks like the weather is going to be beautiful. Good times good fishing.

Will try my best to get a money fish, but I know the odds are against me.

If this was poker, I might fold, instead, this is fishing and…..I’m all in

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have a couple of cell #s for texting and if you are in the tourney and want to exchange, send me a pm. I promise not to call and disturb your mojo like I did the the sponsor.

I am calling it. My personal best is going to win. I am just not sure which species yet. I have a good feeling about our spot picked out. There is enough variation in the area so we won’t have to move. That’s good since Chris nearly killed us last time when we narrowly escaped hitting the green hazard buoy.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

In light of my busy Saturday before the tourney, I need to know how many of you intend on launching from Shakopee? How many parking spots are there? We want to launch from there, but we don’t want to risk getting there and having to turn back and go to Lyndale.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

You should be fine.

We plan on launching at 169, we’ve never had any problems with parking there either.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Thanks. We saw the launch from the river, but not from the lot, so we have no way of knowing the parking situation. I talked to Chris today and he said a lot of people from the last tourney launched from there (maybe he is mixing it up with 169), so as I said, he’s concerned we wouldn’t find a spot.

larry_haugh
    MN

There is plenty of parking at all the launches….. You shouldn’t have any problems.

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

We plan on launching at 169,

Cmon man…. You giving out way to much info to the competition……..

Bob!!! Now don’t you be trying to follow us. As I said before My hot spot is on the “River”

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Geez, we can start collapsing the boundaries from Shak to the confluence pretty soon.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

If this was poker, I might fold,

What are you Barry Greenstein or something you only go all in with the NUTS!…

Don’t worry Pug I’m following Larrys advice I have had the winning Flat boatside in a Decoy bag for 4 days now she won’t be hoisted into the boat until 7:01 pm game day!

Good Luck and safe fishing/boating!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

How about Barry Greenstein vs. Gavin Smith. Who wins?

I’ll give this much up. I model my game after Barry, so don’t bad mouth him!

Oh, and good luck Saturday. May you nets be get wet, while you remain dry!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

I’ll give this much up. I model my game after Barry, so don’t bad mouth him!

Not dogging one of the best in the World just stating how tight he is which really helps him when he does have to make a Move “bluff”!

Quote:

I model my game after Barry

Thanks for the tell I’ll put that in my notes for the future…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

How do you know I am being honest? Anyways, if I am tight, then it really doesn’t matter if you know I play that way….or does it?

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Good Luck tonight everyone!

We stumbled into a pattern last night, so my confidence has been rekindled.

Deal me in!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I think I may have to Pre-fish a little better…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.