Bait Tank? or Mad Science Experiement. (Video)

• larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Larry, I didn’t see any Chubs or your favorite Bait Suckers in the tank. I assume they can co-exist without problems in this set-up? If so what is the safe limit of Suckers or total multi specie fish you can accommodate?

I’ll hang up and listen..

The other species besides bullheads seem to do okay in the cooler water temps. I use a screen to try to separate them out, for easy of getting what I want. And after awhile the bullies start acting like monsters and will relentlessly chase and nip at the other bait till the fins and tails are gone and then will eat them.

shawnil

Now that’s a livewell!

A lot of moving parts there, might be a bit overkill on the straining/filtration. Are those the largest Aquaclear filters available? Those are nice filters.

I don’t have to worry about such a set-up around here, since we really can’t store wild baits between trips. Makes my 48 quart cooler set-up look pretty simplistic!

Amazing what you can come up with using PVC pipes and pumps.

Thanks for sharing Larry.

Shawn

whittsend

If heat ever was an issue, you can get a thermostat which you can dial a chest freezer like that right down to the correct temp and keep it there… I use on on my kegerators, and they work very well to keep the chest freezer running where I want it to. About $55 from my favoite brew supplier. You can dial in a very wide range of temps… It would probably take a little juice to cool it initially (if the water was warm), but probably would maintain temp with reasonable efficiency.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4230

Otherwise, sweet work!!

Mike

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Larry, something happened to your link. I couldn’t find it.

(Do you have a youtube name?)

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.