petenwell ice

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

For anybody wondering about petenwell ice I can tell you that the lake is locked up finally. I took a drive and checked out the ice at tenth street and had a good three inches right off the boat ramp. I will hopefully be fishing there next weekend. Will have report…

Surf-N-Turf
    Stevens Point, WI

Was anyone out on it? I chickened out on acc’t of the drive, and hit Dubay Sat. 3″ where I was on Dubay. I plan on going out from Barnum Bay next weekend, conditions permitting.

Gregory

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Nobody was out on tenth when I checked it. I could see where a couple holes were drilled though…

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

We are hoping to get out next weekend also

Thanks for the update

whittsend

Nice update!

Hope to get down there sometime this winter… We always fish for walleyes, but usually end up catching more cats (which is ok, too!)

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Your talk about the icefishing is getting me to think about it. But I’ve still been looking at the 10 day forecasts, hoping for a 2 day window to get the winter boat over there below the Petenwell dam for some December or January open water fishing. The hard part is coordinating the weather with a break in the work/home schedule.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Rumor has it they are driving 4-wheelers on the ice

Looks like we will be there on Saturday

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.