Camera question

• JEREMY
    BP

Im sure this is probably common knowledge but i arent that smart. The woman wants a new camera so was thinking of getting her one for christmas. Whats the difference from DSLR or MIRRORLESS? Whats better and why? In english please.

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

Unless one is into photography I don’t think it’s common knowledge. My basic understanding is DSLR has a mirror to reflect the image up to the digital sensor, mirrorless has no mirror, just the sensor. Mirrorless cameras are much more compact because of this. I did a lot of research this spring to figure out the differences and which one was best suited for me, I went with a Sony mirrorless with a crop sensor not a full frame mirrorless.

Jake
    Brainerd

They days of DSLR are just about dead. I believe Canon is no longer planning any new DSLR’s. Maybe other big names as well. Mirrorless is the future. Their native glass is better and they are quite a bit smaller. That being said, any modern DSLR can produce just as good of images. It’s all about the glass. Used market for DSLR’s is great for buyers right now.

Canon also had Their RP mirrorless body on sale for under $700. Pretty crazy price for a full frame sensor in a mirrorless body.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.