Brushy Creek 12-29

• nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

A buddy and I headed over to Brushy this morning. After a quick stop at McDonalds for a 99 cent Heartattack, we were on the ice by 11. The first holes we drilled ended up being the best of the day, but we poked about 50 holes trying to turn up fish. The final tally was 15 perch, 16 crappies, 45 gills, and 4 dink walleyes. Nothing real big this time, biggest crappie was 12. I was suprised to turn up as many perch as we did, with the size ranging from 8-11 inches.
    Most fish today fell to a Swedish Pimple tipped with spikes, although I did pull a few out on a Diamond Jig with spikes. We fished in 24fow and had 8 inches or so of ice. At 430, we only had a few crappies, but the last 30 minutes of our day they really turned on. We kept some fish for a neighbor, who doesnt get out fishing anymore, but the rest were released.

zach_bindert
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I have always wanted to fish that lake. How far of a drive is it from Cedar Falls? Congrats on a great catch!!!

baldwin4
    NE IA

Thanx for the report Nick and congrats on the catch

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Brushy is about 90 minutes from Cedar Falls. If you go, be careful, it’s very deep(even close to shore) and the ice is variable.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Nice work Nick. Sounds like the bite was a little better on monday. I haven’t tried a swedish pimple out there yet. Might have to give one a try next time. I’m guessing that extra flash would draw more fish in.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Swedish Pimple!!!

I suppose you had to use something big so that 20 would pick it up?

Nice job on the fish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.