Brewers

• Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Any long suffering brewer fans out there besides me ? Not a lot to cheer for the last several years , but this year has been fun to watch , lots of good young talent . Clinching the division in wrigley , perfect end to the regular season . Hope they can keep it going , packer season can wait !

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m a lifetime fan of the Crew (and Twins).

I cannot imagine why any mid to small market team fans from the Midwest wouldn’t root for the Brewers in the postseason. The Cubs, Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. should be league-wide villains to most.

If Yellich doesn’t win the NL MVP then the award means absolutely nothing. To win a batting title while hitting 36HRs, with a + glove is almost unheard of.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I’m excited. My old man is REALLY excited and I know his old man would be too.

Yelich has been really fun to watch.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Watch as many games as I can and listen to the radio when I camping. The home field advantage is going to be helpful.

bigpike

Well let’s go back in time. I was brought up on the brewers on the 70’s. I was at a game that Henry Aaron hit a home run in his last MLB season! I was a major Bambi’s Bombers fan and my favorite player was Gorman Thomas from that era. I was at game 3 and 5 of the 82 world series. Joquim Andujar tore our heart out in the first game and Thomas came through in the 2nd game. The Cardinals literally stole that series from a superior team. I proposed to my wife after opening day game in 1988. She said yes! I tail gated and seen at least 1 game every year even as I have moved further and further away from Milwaukee ( by intention) I lived through the terrible ownership of Bud Seligs daughter and Sal Bando as a overmatched G.M. but have truly enjoyed the ownership group of Mark Attanosio because he cares about winning. And now the present: A young GM. In swinging David Stearns, a great Coach in Craig Counsell and a loaded roster. It’s one of my favorite all time days as a brewer fan and I feel it’s only the beginning. This team has special written all over it. Bring on the divisional round. P.S. I have game 5 tickets….

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well let’s go back in time. I was brought up on the brewers on the 70’s. I was at a game that Henry Aaron hit a home run in his last MLB season! I was a major Bambi’s Bombers fan and my favorite player was Gorman Thomas from that era. I was at game 3 and 5 of the 82 world series. Joquim Andujar tore our heart out in the first game and Thomas came through in the 2nd game.

My wife at the time and I were at game 3 too. Remember Jimmy Gantner getting all riled up with Andujar?

Sharing a little stormin Gorman…

Attachments:
    1. 10282gt.jpg

bigpike

One thing you didnt mess with and that was Gumby. He was bad azzzz. And played with attitude

bigpike

One of my favorite memories from that era was relentlessly booing Reggie Jackson and the Yankees. Dam Yankees! They were good, we were good. He seemed to feed off the booing which made me and everyone else boo him more. Then throw in Billy Martin another guy who liked to mess it up and it was a great rivalry…..

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’ve always been a Twins fan but you gotta root for the small market teams.

Those Yount and Molitor teams were fun to watch.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

One thing you didnt mess with and that was Gumby. He was bad azzzz. And played with attitude

Yep, Gumby was a hothead and so was Andujar. Here’s a pic of that moment along with the left side of the infield…Molitor and Yount.

Love sharing the memories…

Attachments:
    1. 55ef1090a9150.image_.jpg

2. 636427220576080559-GMTI-photoj2002q3m07t02h16133500.jpg

3. 21base0401.jpg

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I cannot imagine why any mid to small market team fans from the Midwest wouldn’t root for the Brewers in the postseason. The Cubs, Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. should be league-wide villains to most.

If Yellich doesn’t win the NL MVP then the award means absolutely nothing. To win a batting title while hitting 36HRs, with a + glove is almost unheard of.

Nailed it. Diehard Twins fan here, but I’ll be pulling for the As and Brewers this October. Yelich was 2 homeruns and an RBI away from the triple crown. There shouldnt even be an MVP conversation this year!

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Watch as many games as I can and listen to the radio when I camping. The home field advantage is going to be helpful.

. My boy and I watch when home , but I’d rather listen to Euker on the radio . He makes the game fun whether they are good or not . Enjoy him while we can , he’s getting up there . One of a kind , never see another one like him

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Brew Crew

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigpike wrote:</div>

Yep, Gumby was a hothead and so was Andujar. Here’s a pic of that moment along with the left side of the infield…Molitor and Yount.

Love sharing the memories…

you guys are bringing up great memories , haven’t thought about those days for a long time . Yount, moly , Gumby , coop , bando , fingers , been way too long . Time to make some new ones!

bigpike

Time to make some new ones indeed! I give a shout out to every brewer fan who went to Miller Park south yesterday and supported the crew, I heard you and it was awesome!

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Great game yesterday, long time fan here too, I remember going to County Stadium in the 80s and 90s as a kid, watching Molitor, Yount, Deer, Gantner, Sveum. Still go to games every now and then but always try to catch part of each game on TV or radio.

After the past 4 or 5 years, its great to see the team not only start the season strong, but finish out strong too. Home field advantage thru the NL playoffs will be huge I think too!

maddogg

Let’s not forget about Bob Uecker. Who has a better play by play person than him?
    Quote: “When I came up to bat with three men on and two outs in the ninth, I looked in the other team’s dugout and they were already in street clothes.”
    “I hit a grand slam off Ron Herbel and when his manager Herman Franks came out to get him, he was bringing Herbel’s suitcase.”

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Brewers…3-2 walk off in the 10th. Moustakas… yay

Attachments:
    1. mike-moustakas-brewers.jpg

catmando
    wis

We called them Harvey’s Wall bangers ,last game of the series I stayed in my pickup to listen, we lost, I then put in my boat, it was windy.Caught my first ,over 10 , walleye,11.4 lbs

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

So, with all the “extra” money generated from the brewers making the playoffs, think they could pay tax payers back for the stadium tax?

bigpike

So, with all the “extra” money generated from the brewers making the playoffs, think they could pay tax payers back for the stadium tax?

The tax payers are making out quite well with the extra games in the form of revenue from the hotels, restaurants, bars, groceries, gas stations and all the people who work the game. The revenue they make creates jobs that in turn creates taxes on there income. State wide the Brewers are supported through people going out to cheer the team. The Brewers averaged more than 35,000 fans a game. Once again I’d say the 5 county tax that funded the stadium is doing quite well. If the Brewers would of left since they play in the smallest market in the MLB and desperately needed an updated stadium over the 1950’s era county stadium none of this income would be possible along with the pride the team brings.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Less drama tonight…4-0 Brewers. yay

2 games to none, the Rockies will need to sweep 3 games now to win this series.

Not knowing anything about the Brewers pitching this year…the key to winning. Need to do more homework.

Today though, Jhoulys Chacin? Who knew??

Attachments:
    1. bc.jpg

2. chacin.png

bigpike

Less drama tonight…4-0 Brewers. yay

2 games to none, the Rockies will need to sweep 3 games now to win this series.

Not knowing anything about the Brewers pitching this year…the key to winning. Need to do more homework.

Today though, Jhoulys Chacin? Who knew??

Chacin on three days rest. Hes been there best starter this season. And of course the bullpen pretty much has 4 closers in Soria, Knebel (18 scoreless innings and counting) Hader and Jefferes. The Crew is gonna be a tough out for any team going forward if these guys can stay relatively fresh….you dont win 95 games in the MLB without a good staff – the so called knock on this team by the talking heads

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Guaranteed at least 3 more games. Big guys need to get their bats going , Braun , Aggie Cain . If the pitching can hold up and keep doing what their doing they’ll be fine. Liking this October baseball, normally I’ve moved on to football already

rmartin
    United States

Guaranteed at least 3 more games. Big guys need to get their bats going , Braun , Aggie Cain . If the pitching can hold up and keep doing what their doing they’ll be fine. Liking this October baseball, normally I’ve moved on to football already

You can add Shaw to that list. Not really a fan of Braun batting 3rd, but at least he got a timely hit last night.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

If the pitching can hold up and keep doing what their doing they’ll be fine. Liking this October baseball, normally I’ve moved on to football already

Looks like the pitching is doing just fine. 18 shutout innings. They made this look all too easy.

Think the Brewers might have a chance?

Football? How’d the Packers do? whistling

Attachments:
    1. 0f9796b0-aacb-499d-8f0a-d4ad60c34019-USP_MLB__NLDS-Colorado_Rockies_at_Milwaukee_Brewer_1.jpeg

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Was there a football game today? How bout them brewers toast

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Was there a football game today? How bout them brewers toast

Not really much of a game. It was so bad I had to change the radio station in the garage. I cannot imagine watching that trainwreck on TV or in-person.

The Brewers are a textbook example of a team buying into their managers lineup/matchup changes late in the season and actually playing for eachother. It’s quite refreshing to see. Hopefully everyone outside of LA is rooting for them against the Dodgers’ $$$.

kabefisherman11

The brewers game was 10000000 times better than the football game. Go brewers. Dodgers will be really tough.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Way to go Brew Crew!!! Pitching is lights out! Packers?…UGH!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.