Breakfast Burritos (and happy opener)

• ThunderLund78

Before I left for the cabin yesterday, I pre-made some breakfast burritos and wrapped them in foil. Warmed them up in a pan this morning (still in the foil), about 10 minutes on each side over medium low heat. YUM! And no clean-up! These are awesome for camping, too. Gotta get a few things done for work this morning, then have the afternoon off to chase panfish before going after the bigger beasts tomorrow!

For everyone heading out, have a fun and safe opener. GOOD LUCK!

Attachments:
    1. 20210514_084321-scaled.jpg

2. 20210514_084235-scaled.jpg

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Smart!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

That’s pretty genius on how do to it ahead of time. May have to borrow this one. I’ve done the 80% cook the mix prior and place in a ziploc. This is one step better.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Where’s the cabin? I’d like 2 or 3 around 5 am tomorrow, thanks in advance! jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

waytogo waytogo looks awesome thunderlund!!!!!!!!!1 bet way better then the gas station variety too!!!!!!

bfishn

I have a buddy that started me on this during some fly-fishing trips to Idaho. Easy to pack, throw on the grill in the morning and no clean up. Nothing better on a cool morning in the Mountains than sitting next to a stream eating a warm breakfast burrito and sipping coffee!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I will have to try this. I have done breakfast burritos and heated them up in the microwave. This looks like they come out way better.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Billy and I would make these for deer season! We’d make them at home ahead of time, then on those dark early mornings we would pull a few from the cooler and set them on the wood burning stove at the shack while we geared up for the morning hunt. They warmed up nicely and were delicious and best of all – no dishes to do after. waytogo

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s a great idea! I’ll have to remember that.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

If you can find them the tortillas that you need to pan cook for 30 seconds to finish really give those a pop over the precooked. Makes me feel like I’m almost in Colorado!

jumpingeorge

I do this for ice fishing, just throw it on the big buddy rack. Nothing beats a good warm meal. Also do a lunch burrito the same way.

Gitchi Gummi

I’ve been doing this for a few years and I dare you to find a more filling, easy breakfast option for hunting/fishing outings – it really hits the spot. One thing I started doing the last few years is after heating them up in the oven in the morning, I throw them into a small cooler (size of a 6 pack) with a stainless steel water bottle filled with boiling hot water and an oven mitt on top to insulate. The burritos will stay warm in that cooler until the afternoon.

Oh ya, when browning the breakfast sausage, make sure to put in a couple tablespoons of maple syrup!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.