Best Pizza Joint

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

MMMMM Jets. If you eat 4 pieces you get a free ride to your local college for blockage testing.

Isn’t that the truth. We joke that we should just grate aspirin on the pizza to help thin the blood. I know I shouldn’t eat it as often as I do… but I just can’t help myself.

Fisherpaul

Growing up in South St. Paul I had Old World to the south and the Savoy to the north. Pizza heaven.
    DT

These are the two I miss in the metro also!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Eelpoutguy, was that Pizza Shack owned by Terry Masters at the time? Another good spot not too far away was that Leaning Tower of pizza just up Lyndale a ways. Mac’s House of Pizza in Brainerd was my all time favorite though. Glen, that House of Pizza in St Cloud is top notch too!

I didn’t really know the owner, I just loved the pizza>

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

I would agree Steve’s pizza down here in Austin is pretty good, gotta get the mamma mia!! If your up by Tower on Vermilion the Vermilion supper club’s Bamboozler pizza is awesome over 3sq ft of pizza!

Attachments:
    1. pizza.jpg

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Other than the local places mentioned here the best pizza I’ve ever had, and it’s not even close was in North Boston. It’s in a old hardcore Italian area on a corner. The word pizzeria is in the name but I can’t remember it. Long shot but anyone know of this place? We were there on a weekday afternoon and when we left the line was a half block long.

Found it! Regina Pizzeria. If you ever find yourself in Boston give it a try, plus it’s a great neighborhood to walk through, wiseguy wannabes hanging outside barbershops etc…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

James, I never should have doubted you. I hammered em on leech last weekend. I worked this setup on the deep side of the cabbage on the north side of the bay (due to the east wind), the water temp was in the low 50’s so I slowed the presentation, the PH level was a bit neutral so I added onion. rotflol

All kidding aside great season can’t wait to see all you and all the IDO guys next year.

Attachments:
    1. Dealdy-Combo.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James, I never should have doubted you. I hammered em on leech last weekend. I worked this setup on the deep side of the cabbage on the north side of the bay (due to the east wind), the water temp was in the low 50’s so I slowed the presentation, the PH level was a bit neutral so I added onion. rotflol

All kidding aside great season can’t wait to see all you and all the IDO guys next year.

That’s good stuff man! I’d eat that!

Grant Breems
    Coon Rapids,MN

Giordanos pizza in Chicago, best ever. They are opening a MN location in uptown…I can’t wait

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Mad Dog Pizza in Grand Rapids MN has great pizza, nothing better after a day on the Keg.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

not really changing the subject but has anyone had pizza at Zorba’s???/ or any of there other food??????

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If you have a chance, Sweet Taste of Italy in Crystal and Brooklyn Park

“Sinners Special”
    Spicy Pizza Sauce, Pepperoni, Bacon, Sausage, Onion and Giardiniera

Yes, Giardiniera! It is spicy and delicious!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

not really changing the subject but has anyone had pizza at Zorba’s???/ or any of there other food??????

There’s a Zorbaz’s in Dorset, close to our cabin we go to once in a while to watch a game and get a pizza. Run of the mill pizza.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I believe I’ve been to a Zorba’s in Cross Lake for a friends bachelor party. I know I ate their pizza somewhere between 12:30-2:00am. Sorry, I therefore cannot give an accurate report because everything would taste good at that time.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I frequent the spicer area all summer and have spent a lot of time in grand rapids mn. both have Zorba’s I may try but have heard mixed reviews!!!!!:?::?::?:

joe-bauman
    Rochester, MN

I think Mesa Pizza is the best by far!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Zorbaz is mediocre at best, but like MNRabbit stated it’s a “festive” atmosphere! BelleTaine Steve and Jill’s in Nevis was pretty good (if you appreciate pounds of cheese on pizza, which I do!), but the new owner’s switched something up and it is not as good imo.

FryDog62

Giordanos pizza in Chicago, best ever. They are opening a MN location in uptown…I can’t wait

If cheese is the ingredient you like best in your pizza – then absolutely visit the new Giordanno’s in the Twin Cities. Incredible pizza, maybe the only thing I like from Chicago ;)

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

that is not the correct answere. Momas pizza is the correct answere. they have thier sauces slowcooked for 24 hours before they use them on thier pizza. its a little hole in the wall pizzaria, but its the best. just my opinion.

deertracker

Zorbaz pizza is ok but it is spendy for what you get. I only eat at Zorbaz for taco Tuesday with $2 taps. If you follow them on Twitter they tweet a free daily drink.
    DT

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

I would agree Steve’s pizza down here in Austin is pretty good, gotta get the mamma mia!!

With a couple tums to finish it off!

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Benson’s Emporium in Walker has bomber ‘zza!!

deertracker

4 days and I will be having Old World! yay woot
    DT

gary d
    cordova,il

Really is there any bad pizza out there? Thin crust, stone oven bake is hard to beat. X-the store box pizza’s are not in the league of a family run pizza place. If one place has been in the same place for many years you can just guess it is going to be good. There is four or five places down here that are very good:: coffee

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

pizza man and carbones both make a good thin crust.
    pizzareia lola is my favorite when wanting to eat something a little different. i hadnt heard of a lot of these places mentioned here so looks like ill be gaining some weight this year trying them out toast

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

If you like overpriced bad food, zero service, loud music, rude help, and obnoxiously drunken 20 year olds then Zorbaz on Gull Lake is the place to go. Never again for me.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

I can’t believe Dulano’s hasn’t been mentioned here. It is by far my wife and I’s favorite thin crust in the twin cities. We drive from Stacy down to S. Minneapolis sometimes just to get it (been less since we moved there). We even had our grooms dinner there before our wedding.

Been tough to find another good thin crust. Cabones is decent if we are going that way….but no comparison to Dulanos!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

BelleTaine Steve and Jill’s in Nevis was pretty good (if you appreciate pounds of cheese on pizza, which I do!), but the new owner’s switched something up and it is not as good imo.

We noticed the same thing.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Benson’s Emporium in Walker has bomber ‘zza!!

x2

I will add Boomer Wood Fired Pizza in Baxter, Pig Heaven amazing.

Ryan Swenson

My favorite is back in my old home town of Northfield, MN. Basil’s Pizza!!! The best thing is you can go behind the building at pitch jigs and slam walleyes, northerns, and bass!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.