Best Pizza Joint

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I live on the south side and I’ll give it to Ole Piper in Lakeville. I gotta have thin crust with plain pepperoni and/or sausage. I don’t mind the super pies with everything but prefer a simple pie. I do miss the Pizza Shack on 16th and lake in So. Mpls. they were second to none.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Hmmmmm, pizza. peace

All depends on your flavor of the day for myself.

My latest fav is Jet’s turbo crust Hawaiian, freaking delish.

Broadway thin is always a classic.

Scoreboard pizza in Brooklyn Center if you don’t want to have a bowel movement for a week from the amount of cheese, but also very good.

Rocky Rococco was my fav about a year ago, but a bit of a drive now so don’t get it as much. Sweet crust is heaven.

Carbones in Edina is excellent as well.

Going the cheap route, good ol’ Totinos done up in the toaster oven gets me every time, and Lil Ceasars lunch single pizzas, nummy.

Too many pizzas not enough time bawling

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

old world pizza inver grove heights. Red Savoy pizza in st paul.

deertracker

Growing up in South St. Paul I had Old World to the south and the Savoy to the north. Pizza heaven.
    DT

troutbum
    St. Paul

Mesa Pizza. Nothing else comparable in the cities.

meestro

Red’s Savoy in St Paul is the most incredible pizza. I swear they have a garden in back with fresh veggies, peppers, tomatoes… very very good

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Extremely impressed with Red’s Savoy.

mattgroff

Old world. In Inver grove heights.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

If I want to drive it’s usually Old World Pizza or Red Savoy.

If I have it delivered it’s Carbone’s. I think Carbone’s has a pretty good sauce and sausage too. Not quit as good as Red’s though. In a small town your delivery options are limited.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Pig Ate My Pizza in Robbinsdale is delicious. toast

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Pizza Flame in Coon Rapids (and formerly Fridley) is the best thin crust square-cut pizza around.

Something about when it is cut into little squares you can just eat more…

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Old World x1000!
    DT

I thought I would have been the 1st to say Old World in IGH but apparently the word is out!!! They rock…RR

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Totinos – So bad, they’re good! Brings back memories of summer vacation as a kid and eating that “sausage” pizzas where the sausage was ground up on top

Tasties – Something about those floppy, greasy squares. Make mine sausage and green pepper and onion.

Pig Ate My Pizza – You got it Ryan. Right across from one of the best meat markets in town. Got to love outside the box pizzas. They also have this appetizer. I think they may have been corn dog bites or something. They come with a truffle infused ketchup that is to die for.

Aurelio’s Pizza in Roseville anyone? Spinach pie, oh my!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Red’s Savoy in the metro and it’s better from the original in St Paul then the newer one’s imo.

I’d put House of Pizza (St. Cloud) or Marnanteli’s (Sartell) up against anyone also.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

I’d put House of Pizza (St. Cloud) or Marnanteli’s (Sartell) up against anyone also.

Worked at HOP in college. I’d have to agree, it is pretty great.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Savoys is consistently good. Will always be a top pick.

There are a few places downtown St Paul that kick out good pizza. Black Sheep Pizza is kinda upscale New York coal fired oven style thin crust. Pretty good for a change. blacksheeppizza.com

Hunters Point on Mille Lacs is kicking out a great fresh made to order pizza.

Morelli’s (St Paul) has the best frozen take out hands down. http://www.morellismarket.com

-J.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Interesting thread, being somewhat new (1.5 years) to the metro area, I haven’t staked out a good pizza joint yet. I met have to check out the Ole Piper up in the very first comment. For me, nothing beats a nice greasy Casey’s (gas station) Pizza.

smackemup
    North Metro

Pig ate my pizza. Straight fire.

deertracker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    Old World x1000!
    DT

I thought I would have been the 1st to say Old World in IGH but apparently the word is out!!! They rock…RR

I have been known to visit my mom for a 3 day weekend and eat Old World 3 times. One visit I ate it 4 times. woot
    DT

fisherman-j
    Northern MN

If you’re even in Bemidji, both Keith’s and Dave’s pizza places are fantastic.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Big fan of Old World pizza myself. I guy could get full on just one slice of the meat lovers.

deertracker

Have to get Sven and Ole’s on the list. We always hit it when we are vacationing in Grand Marais.
    DT

Big2thpick
    NULL

How is Angelo’s on White Bear and Larpenter not on this list so far. If you are ever over on that side of town, the house special is well worth the price tag.

Sounds like I need to try this Old Worlds and Pig Ate my Pizza, and Savoys is always puts out a great pie.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I did not know Angelo’s is still in business. What a blast from the past as my buddy in high school worked their and had pizza almost every night. Will go up and see if as good as I remember

deertracker

@sticker1, Next time you go to the hunting land pick me up a large sausage from Old World. Just drop it out the window at the 103 mile marker and I will pick it up. Thanks woot
    DT

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Another vote for Jets. The BBQ Chicken on the turbo crust is ridiculous.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.