Best lawn year ever!

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

With all the recent rain my (crab) grass exploded this weekend and I had to mow. As I was getting ole mower out I realized that this was 5th, maybe 6th time I have mowed this year – and two of those times I have skipped the whole side part that is heavily shaded by trees. I have never had a smiled while mowing before.

I hate everything else about this drought, but when it comes to my yard: Best. Lawn. Year. Ever!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Portions of my lawn are completely dead. These are areas that bake in the afternoon sun. I watered 1-2 times every week too, and it still want enough. About 90% of it came back pretty good after a week of heavy rain but it’s obvious some of these areas are not going to. I am going to wait until the spring to address those areas with new grass seed.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Started my lawn mower twice so far this year. Not happy about having to do it a third time but see it coming.

MX1825

My best year was 1988. Bought a new mower and put Central air in our house.
    Mowed grass 5 times. AC ran for 46 days straight.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I lost two huge tress recently…let’s just say my yard is toast!

CaptainMusky

My lawn is doing alright. I have only a few areas where the grass got cooked surprisingly with our sandy soil and such little rain. I did water, but not a tremendous amount so I am pleased with how it looks. I have gone a few times of not mowing for 3 weeks. I have been cutting it at a higher length, leaving it longer because that helps deepen the root system and the grass tends to survive dry times much better. It may also help that we have sandy soil so my yard is used to this and already had a deep root system whereas someone who has a more rich soil they struggle.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Best part about this year is my water bill, it has never been so high, I have had to water almost every day till last week to keep my golf course looking yard and neighbors jealous. People ask me all the time how I keep my yard looking so nice, I tell them its no problem. 4 step Scotts fertilizer and water when mother nature does not, spot spray for weeds a few times and add the secret golf course magic special ingredient. Four….

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Friday (8/27) my lawn was as crispy as Rice Krispies! Now, after almost 3 inches of rain this last weekend, it is lush & green again. I don’t know how it turned back so fast, but it has. Haven’t mowed the lawn since August 4th. Now it is in need of it again & today is the day.

Only problem I have is that I broke my favorite lawn mowing mug which allowed me to completely shut the lid & keep the debris out. I guess a few grass clippings in the cocktail never hurt anyone, but when one of those said clippings get into your throat & stick, OOooooffta, it can get ugly.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Best part about this year is my water bill, it has never been so high, I have had to water almost every day till last week to keep my golf course looking yard and neighbors jealous. People ask me all the time how I keep my yard looking so nice, I tell them its no problem. 4 step Scotts fertilizer and water when mother nature does not, spot spray for weeds a few times and add the secret golf course magic special ingredient. Four….

What do you use for spot spraying weeds?

Is it safe for grass?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Product I get at Fleet Farm that has 2-4-D in it. Yes it is safe for grass just kills the weeds, they use it on the golf course.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

What do you use for spot spraying weeds?

Is it safe for grass?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.