Congratulations on your tourney win Cade!!!

• Bassackwards
    Holmen

Very nice job today….it was a pleasure taking you out.

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

Did you Whack em Cade? Good job buddy.

bassfishincor
    Lax

cade was on fire today. he knew exactly where them fish where. it was fun being with hime. thanks again for taking me out. this is cory the other kid who you toke. i dident do as hot as cade dit. i got 4th i think

Bassackwards
    Holmen

Cory,

You did very well too…I enjoyed this mornings fishing trip and look forward to doing it again.

Laudy

basshundter
    La Crosse, WI

congrats cade. Cory and I are going out fishing tommarow. He said he wanted to show me some new spots.lol.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks Everyone, and especially you Laudy! Today was a great day on the water. The tournament went well, although the large groups of 16-18″ fish I was catching seemed to have shrunk 3-6″ from the time I was practicing ’til tournament mourning I don’t know how many 13-7/8″ largemouth Cory and I caught, but all I can say is TOO MANY!
    Overall it was a good time. I had 4 fish for 8.86. It wasn’t terrible, but my spots had the potential to put out 5 fish for 12 lbs or more in practice and they just did not pan out completely. I must also say that Justin had a good tournament, catching 3 fish for a little over 6-1/2 lbs. Justin also earned himself big bass with a 2.90 largemouth. The running for BB was within ounces and it was surprising that nothing over 3 was weighed in. too bad the tournament wasn’t a little longer as I went out and Proceeded to catch one a little over three, and one on the upper half of the 3’s. The fish in the picture was an 18″er and was a good 3-1/2 lbs or more.

I ended up catching a total of 9 keepers; 4 in the tournament and 5 in my boat after the tournament, in the SAME SPOTS that I fished during the tournament. It is just unfortunate that the big ones were not awake when we blew through this morning! My overall best 5 weight for the entire day would have been at 13lbs+ and I thought it was a pretty decent day.

Tony, Good luck with that one. Since Cory didn’t have a GPS with him, I am confident that you won’t be learning any new spots this weekend

Anyway, I’ll get some pictures of the tournament tonight, my mom still hasn’t dumped them yet

krazzyk45
    La Crosse, WI

Good job Cade! What was the magic lure today?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Brown/blue swim jig and a mann’s yellow craw baby 1- for most of the fish…But there were fish to be had on flipping jigs and such as well. The 1- bite was really hot today. The big fish pictured above was also caught on that.
    Wasn’t that you that I saw down in goose again today? if so, there are no fish in that area!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Good job Cade
    It is amazing how the fish seem to not be so big at the scales, huh?

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Congrats Cade. Looks like a great day on the water.

riverfan
    MN

Congrats Cade! Also, my hats off to the guys that organized your junior club.

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Great job Cade- you will find that fish of certain sizes often come up to feed at different hours but the same time each day. I usually try to prefish during the hours of the tourney, but my job and your school sometimes prevent that. The pm bite you have after school is probably what you hit when the tourney was over. Now all you gotta do is find where they hide in between. If you figure it out, please let me know!

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Congrats on the win Cade. Karl and I will be out Monday morning. Say hi if you see us.

Curt

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks Everyone.

Curt, I’d say hi for sure, but don’t think you’ll see me unless you are headed way south! I’ll be fishing The low of low on pool 8 tomorrow provided the wind doesn’t pick up. If it does I’ll be headed north for protection. Lately I have been having a lot of fun fishing new areas including parts of pool 9. Today we fished near Lansing and didn’t catch a ton of keepers, but enough to mark some areas on my new Garmin GPS!! The best fish was an 18-3/4″ fish that fell to a team supreme flipping jig. This jig has been working very well for me and the rattle seems to be IDEAL for getting these fish to bite. It is unfortunate that it took us until the END of the day to put together a solid pattern today, but My dad and I still found some fish on new areas and it was a blast. The best pattern going seemed to be sloping rock banks that dropped into 15 or more feet of water. The fish were sitting on the break eating crawdads and the rockbass were plentiful also The fish below was 18-3/4″ but had a rough spawn as you can see from the tail. This fish would have easily been 19-1/2″ with a full tail oh well, still a great fighting fish with great runs at the boat

Here is my dad with a 2-1/2#ish smallie caught pitching wood with heavy current.

-Cade

kris_brantner
    My river

Quote:

The tournament went well, although the large groups of 16-18″ fish I was catching seemed to have shrunk 3-6″ from the time I was practicing ’til tournament mourning I don’t know how many 13-7/8″ largemouth Cory and I caught, but all I can say is TOO MANY!

\

congrats on the win, but from your other post a lil while ago it sounds like you stick alot of fish while prefishing. catch one or two to make sure they are still on that pattern and cover and leave and let it sit. tough to catch those nice fish on the same pattern if they still have a sore mouth from when you stuck them before. just my .02

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

You are right, and I do stick a lot of fish in practice, but I didn’t fish these spots for 6 days before the tournament. I think it was more of a weather thing than anything else. The water came up like 6″ for the tournament and the fish seemed to have pushed back in the grass. We saw a few bust up in the arrowheads but couldn’t get them to go.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I did find some big fish last night that would have been fun in the tournament though…

willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

Quote:

You are right, and I do stick a lot of fish in practice, but I didn’t fish these spots for 6 days before the tournament. I think it was more of a weather thing than anything else. The water came up like 6″ for the tournament and the fish seemed to have pushed back in the grass. We saw a few bust up in the arrowheads but couldn’t get them to go.

Cade, I’m fresh off a great weekend of bass fishing myself…learned some confidence in a new technique (for me)…froggin’…

Was tossing a ScumFrog Trophy Series Sunday and caught 10-12…only missed 3 (operator error) fishing next to the base of cattails/reeds with sandy bottoms…next day fished a different body of water and tossed the scumfrog over moss mats…soon switched to a bronze eye frog which threw better in the wind (15-20mph)…and started catching them…keys were: use braided line…and I like doing this on heavy action rod (7 foot or better)…

Thinking if you’d have been able to toss a frog back in the arrowheads/submerged grass you might have had a shot at them…plus, often times it’s the bigger girls that eat the frogs…(lot’s of 20+ inch fish get carded in our club every year on frogs…and not just fishing them in grass either… )

Just thinking…as you obviously don’t/didn’t need to do much else…great job on the tournament…keep it up…

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks..

Yes I threw a spro bronze eye at them for probably 20 casts and they wouldn’t touch it. Those spros are awesome. And I agree they are often best outside of the grass

krazzyk45
    La Crosse, WI

What pool were you fishing willie boy?

willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

Not pool fishing…although I’d like to…

1. Browns Lake (old Missouri river oxbow) Salix Iowa (West side of Iowa).

2. Walnut Creek. Papio Creek impoundment in Papillion NE.

Again, good job Cade…

It’s 6 hours to get up to your neck of the woods…

ZoomHog1
    LaCrosse, WI USA

i fully agree with you guys on the spro frog thing. I cant get a hit on anything but that. Also the braid and stiff rod helps. I got a full set up with braid and a 7 1/2 ft heavy action and it really does the trick. The frog is a little lighter than whats designed for the rod but it makes up for it when i have to haul one out from the submerged forest of weeds.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.