Wiw whitebass

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Posted this under Panfish but I gotta post it here too..Well in case you think the white bass spawn and run was over on the Mississippi they started hard again 2 days ago and today was unbelievable.. guide customers caught 100 Plus today we kept 50 they caught and 8 I caught… lots of females jam packed with eggs… amd some empty plus lots of males… I will let the size speak for themselves when the pictures come when I fill up the roll of film. These two guys are from Missouri and to quote them directly, ” If we had white bass like this in MO we would fish for them all the time.” Actually bigger average fish weight for the 7 we put on a stinger and took a picture of than some bass tourney limits… for the five largest. You know when your with the right guys when the first egg belly you see the client says “let’s put the females with eggs back”!!!!! And males milting on us too… I’m confused weren’t they supposed to be done about 3 weeks ago?????

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I have no idea on the spawning habits or biology of the white bass, but I agree they are an absolule blast when you get into a pile of them. We got into a herd about 2-3 weeks back and you could catch them on ANYTHING run fast near or on top the water. We got em on poppers, grubs, swinjigs, and even Sweet Beavers. If you didn’t have to take them off and rerig you could have probably caught 3 a minute.

Film? Do they still make that?

kNelson

i smoked them last night,was running to Garnet Lake from the trestle bridge in PdC on pool 10 and saw them busting bait. put on a popper and caught 30, biggest about 2-3 lbs. was fun enough, if i wouldnt have had to take them off the hooks i coulda done better. they were still busting shad when i left, i got bored with them because they wouldnt fight.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

11 or 12 digital cameras ruined and I’m sticking to disposables… ofcource I suppose I should pay more for the digitals than $19 but hey I’m just a poooobooy… and yes Dnort jailbird bass …. and three days til today they failed and we went on to Green and Brown Red eyed carp… Lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.