Surprise 5a lunker

• ftcitybakers
    Fountain City

I was workin some nice smallies over and they just shut off. A couple casts later I hooked into something big and after what seemed like 10 min I got look at what I had. A BIG northern!!! She wheighed in at 21 lb 2 oz and was 52in. long! I tried to load a pic that was on my phone but the kid says our internet is tooooo slow to get it to work. I’d like to thank the two duck hunters that I flagged down to take the pic. As much as I wanted to mount it the cost of putting my motor back together kind of stressed the pocket book so she lives to fight again.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

52″ pike? That is huge. Way to go.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I was workin some nice smallies over and they just shut off. A couple casts later I hooked into something big and after what seemed like 10 min I got look at what I had. A BIG northern!!! She wheighed in at 21 lb 2 oz and was 52in. long! I tried to load a pic that was on my phone but the kid says our internet is tooooo slow to get it to work. I’d like to thank the two duck hunters that I flagged down to take the pic. As much as I wanted to mount it the cost of putting my motor back together kind of stressed the pocket book so she lives to fight again.

Awesome catch. Can’t wait to see the pics. Replica mounts done by Matt at Artistic Anglers will put a smile on your face and a mount on your wall even though you put her back. Well done on the CPR by the way.

rainman2
    metro area

Nice fish! Way to go!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Congrats on a nice fish,

Good reason for the Smallie to move along…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Email the photo to [email protected] and we’ll place it in your post.

I would have had goose bumps when that hog came boat side!

phoyem
    Minneapolis

That is INSANE! Are you sure it was a decent scale? A typical 52″ northern would be 30+ lbs!

ftcitybakers
    Fountain City

All I had was my 24″ bump board but I managed to wrestle it down long enough to get two measurements. My scale is pretty much dead on up to around 5-6 lbs cause my wieghts for tourneys are right on.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.