Bark Control – Testimonial

• prieser
    Byron, MN

I have looked and kicked this around for a little while about whether or not to get some kind of bark control for my lab. He’s an outside dog that has a door into the back of the garage so he can stay warm in the winter times. But, if the neighbor kids are playing or if people are walking behind our house on the bike path, he tends to let everyone know that he’s there…..
    He’s a daddies boy, (my dog) so when I am not around, he’s anxious and looking for me. He tends to yell for me a lot, which also drives my wife nuts. The kiddo tries, but he wants dad. So I ended up buying a Garmin Bark Limiter Deluxe about a week ago. The collar works with your dog, starts out as a buzz or vibration, and will ramp up to a power of 7 if they continue to bark. I put it on him and watched his reactions. He is a smart dog, so I knew it would not take any time at all. Sure enough two days of wearing it and he may make one single bark, feels the vibration and calms down. It has two sensors, so the collar has to hear the bark and feel the vocal cords move. That way there is no chance of a neighbors dog setting him off. It also learns and resets. If he were to be stubborn and bark until he got a strong enough correction to give him a jolt, the collar stays at that setting for 1 hour or so. That way if he decides to just wait it out a few minutes, the correction power is right up where it needs to be. Once he is quiet for a while, it resets to the vibration/buzz setting and needs to ramp up again. It also powers down when he sleeps to conserve battery life, which can last up to 3 months. Recharges after about 2 hours of being plugged in. So far, very happy with my purchase.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.