Balsam or Bone lake ice conditions

• panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

I am planning on heading to Balsam lake area and wondering if I would need an ATV to get around the bigger lakes or are trucks making their way around now?
    Would also like any panfish or northern tips in the area. Looking to take my wife our for her birthday. Gotta love a woman who wants to go fishing for her birthday!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

In the past on Bone lake I have always done well for crappies in some of the deeper hols. Look at a map if you can and that should get you pointed in the right direction. I haven’t been up yest this year, so I can’t comment on the ice conditions. Good Luck

panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

Thanks for the tip. Is Bone Lake a night bite, or is there daytime action as well?

taz
    Frederic wi

They are driving on both but a truck fell in on balsam last week. The bay by bone had 12 to 14″ a week ago but the main lake had only 8″ so I would take the wheeler out if I was you. That’s what we use last week out there.

panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

How was the fishing on Bone? Are there keeper perch that lake? Any info would be appreciated…

panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

I never made it out, I probably should have. Lotsa lookers and no takers where I ended up. Got one northern on a tip up, that was it. Now I am planning on making it over this Friday.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I was on Bone a few weeks ago and caught all the 9″ perch I wanted.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

I have not been out to Bone before but was wondering if there is a winter access further south on the lake? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

mmorgen
    Menomonie WI.

idk we use the landing at the northend it show one at the south. will be going tomorrow was there last sat. and the perch were biting good all day

panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

what are the ice conditions like on Bone?

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Was just out there Sunday and plenty of ice but also a lot of snow!

mmorgen
    Menomonie WI.

Ice is good but alot snow. perch were biting good tho

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.