new bows for 2008

• muskygator
    Foley MN

I was just curious as to what people thought of the new bows for the year. All seem nice light, quiet, and fast. With all the brands what are some of your favorites and why?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Each of the top brands all have their things that are good about them. I think after that it is all personal preference. When I was bow shopping last, I shot them all and Mathews had what felt best for ME. I sugggest going and shooting them all, and let the bows tell you what is best. My buddy went and did the same thing and he liked the Hoyt bow better. To each their own.

I chose Mathews because the way it shot, the smoothness, how it felt and reacted in my hand.

Same here… I shot all the top of the line bows last year, and the Drenalin got the nod!!

I still cannot believe how smooth this bow shoots!!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I personally like Bowtech. The 08′ Guardian is slightly better than the 07′ Guardian. Both have hardly/no vibration and IBO around 310-315 i believe. The General has a new cable sapressor and close to parallel limbs. The 28th Airborne has a small brace height IMO and is loud, but fast! Shoot what you are interested in and dont be afraid to ask opinions from the dealers/sellers.

My buddy just put money down on the 07′ Guardian at A1 Archery in Hudson. They set up bows for him and he shot the ones he was interested in and now he is making monthly payments on the bow until it is paid off That’s the nice thing about that shop!!!! You can come in and shoot it whenever you want during the payment deal, but they keep it until you pay it off.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Right now, having not shot any Hoyt or Matthews bows, the Bowtech General would be my choice. I’m not sure you can make a wrong decsion with the new bows out there.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I shoot a Mathews and my wife shoots a Bowtech, it really is what fits you best, and your most comfortable shooting.The bow simply has to fit you as a shooter.Like Lip Ripper said its all personal prefrence.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

While the eastablished Bows; Mathews, Hoyt, BowTech, Martin etc…have great products…There are some really awesome new bows out also…
    The Bear Truth is an extremely smooth, quiet, well performing bow for 1/2 the price of a Mathews…

The bow that I could not put down is this one…

It is a Phoenix by Monster Bows Inc…made in Michigan. No cams, cables guards, STS,…just a shoot thu cable system and a bowsting! It is a camless lever action bow, 38.5″ ATA It is plenty fast at 300 fps and the quietest bow tested @60 dbs. I have sold five in the past month and all customers love them! 10 year warrantee… PM me for more info…they have a second model coming out next month…a 44″ ATA Dragon.

Monster Bows Inc

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The Monster Bows look like a knock off from the Oneida Bows.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thats what I was thinking Mike. Alot shorter, but probably the same concept. I had a Oneida and sold it after 2 weeks, way too loud and the vibration was terrible. It truely would have been a one shot bow. Not that a guy should ever need 2….

big g

muskygator
    Foley MN

Thanks for all the help guys. I have recently shot a few and am tied between the hoyt and the mathews. Both are nice shooting for me. I really like to thank you for all the help.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Has anyone shot the new fred bear truth II bow? was at gander last night looking around and felt this bow was real solid, didnt get a chance to shoot it but its a contender for me for a new bow this year.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

The Monster Bows look like a knock off from the Oneida Bows.

Not really (they both have leverlimbs, thats it)…a totally different pricipal. The Oneida has quad cams that are attached to the riser, timing wheel, binary cable system etc …etc… It is really a wheel bow that the cams are pulled over by a hinged limb.
    Look at the Phoenix closely…you see nothing…no cable guard, cams , no moving mechanical parts. The smoothest simplest, quietest bow I’ve ever shot…

Here is an Oneida Eagle…

big_g
    Isle, MN

I shoot a Hoyt. My brother in law picked up a Ross Bow, he loves it.

big G

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.