Anyone Listen to Oliver Anthony- Rich Men North of Richmond?

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Canceled? Republicans dont like cancel culture (unless it’s Budlight).

You forgot target, Ben and Jerry’s, barbie movie, camping world, dicks sporting, libraries, Disney, Nike, kohl’s, The NFL, Macy’s just to name a few.

Here’s a list of hundreds of other things conservatives have called to cancel.

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Wiki/index.php?title=List_of_things_Conservatives_have_%22canceled%22

Cancel culture is thriving in the GOP

Umy
    South Metro

A. It’s Wiki
    B. Yeah, if you look at the entire context I would say “ what’s your point”
    Most of the “ loonie liberal” crap was growing in the background before trump ever got in. The Left just opened the door and embraced them.
    Ben and Jerry’s- really?!
    Hilary Clinton- seriously?!
    Books- so you want your first grader studying sexual diagrams and same sex sexual activity? Oh, and you as a parent having no right to know about?!
    How about the justice dept. trying to sue Musk cause he has no illegals on his work force building rockets to go into space?! None of their business who he employs and frankly I ain’t flying on a rocket built buy a check the box hire. NASA requires citizenship of any of its workers. How is Musk any different? They also want him to pay backpay!?!
    There is no excuse for politicians across the board in many cases. This current administration has only shown that with greater transparency.
    We could refit each other all day on this.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

A. It’s Wiki
    B. Yeah, if you look at the entire context I would say “ what’s your point”
    Most of the “ loonie liberal” crap was growing in the background before trump ever got in. The Left just opened the door and embraced them.
    Ben and Jerry’s- really?!
    Hilary Clinton- seriously?!
    Books- so you want your first grader studying sexual diagrams and same sex sexual activity? Oh, and you as a parent having no right to know about?!
    How about the justice dept. trying to sue Musk cause he has no illegals on his work force building rockets to go into space?! None of their business who he employs and frankly I ain’t flying on a rocket built buy a check the box hire. NASA requires citizenship of any of its workers. How is Musk any different? They also want him to pay backpay!?!
    There is no excuse for politicians across the board in many cases. This current administration has only shown that with greater transparency.
    We could refit each other all day on this.

Someone made the claim that the GOP hates cancel culture and with the exception of Bud light they have never sought to cancel anything ever. My point is i dont agree with that claim and in fact its far from the truth. I made no comment about the reasonings behind conservatives attempts to cancel various things. If you would like to argue the validity of their actions go right ahead but that isnt a conversation im all that interested in. I just saw someone made a ridiculously incorrect statement and i corrected them. End of story

big_g
    Isle, MN

One only need look to Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben and Mr. Potato head to see who was cancel culture happy ! Conservatives just quit buying the products of those they don’t align with and they get elsewhere… they don’t “cancel” them, they ignore them. Liberals minds get blown and they need Syrup, Pancakes, Rice and Toys changed !

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Conservatives just quit buying the products of those they don’t align with and they get elsewhere… they don’t “cancel” them, they ignore them

If you want to shift the goal posts and claim that conservatives actions for products dont meet the definition of “cancel” sure. In my opinion calling for a collective ban on a product, person, or company, because they dont adhere to your political or moral values is an effort to cancel something. My opinion seems to be shared by the provided definitions i found on the internet

CaptainMusky

I know more liberals that stopped buying bud light, going to target, eating ben and jerrys than I do conservatives.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I know more liberals that stopped buying bud light, going to target, eating ben and jerrys than I do conservatives.

No argument from me there. Again – someone said republicans with the exception of bud light dont like cancel culture and dont do it.

I said “youre wrong”. THE END

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Back to the OP, Oliver Anthony’s song was a meteor that went more viral than any other song I’ve ever seen. And he just did a podcast with Joe Rogan, which will likely give it another bump.

This thread is funny, the song was about Rich Men North of Richmond, meaning Washington DC. Which is occupied by both parties and the song imo meant both parties being the problem. Which most agree with I think. But somehow we still end up back at Team Blue vs Team Red.

CaptainMusky

This thread is funny, the song was about Rich Men North of Richmond, meaning Washington DC. Which is occupied by both parties and the song imo meant both parties being the problem. Which most agree with I think. But somehow we still end up back at Team Blue vs Team Red.

100%. He even has videos where he talks about it. He laughed that the Republican debate used that song and a couple of the candidates even referred to it, when he was referring to ALL of them.
    I have actually heard the song on the radio a couple times in the last week. He is gaining traction for sure.

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.