Anybody get one?

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Proud dad moment

Congrats Ron and Bearcat Jr. Nice looking buck there. Tell the young man I’m impressed and a little jealous. Looks bigger than my best. toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Congrats Ron and Bearcat Jr. Nice looking buck there. Tell the young man I’m impressed and a little jealous. Looks bigger than my best. toast
    [/quote]

He is now strutting around the house telling me there is a new man in the house. And he quickly told the neighbors his buck is “way” bigger then mine lol.

ThunderLund78

Great stories and deer! Hopefully my turn this weekend, Hunted Sat-Mon, saw nothing but does and a small 6 that I let walk by. I have a pretty full freezer so not really meat hunting this year. Especially love seeing the kids get their deer!

Walleyeguy34

Buddy of mine just shot this one off my land this morning. 180 yard shot with a savage 220. SE MN.

Attachments:
    1. 0E4A0257-CAF9-4CED-A8E0-72E09903EADD.png

LabDaddy1

Got myself a decent buck on Saturday around noon! Chasing around a doe. It’s actually my new PB so I’ll take it!

With an A5, nonetheless! waytogo Congrats

Angler II

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>The SCRATCHER wrote:</div>
    I got this 9 pt tonight 180 yards 12 gauge

180 yards. Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever shot more then 60 or 70. Woods are to thick. Usually it’s under 20

Yeah, and he gut shot it too. But hey, deer died all the same.

How do you know he gut shot it?

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Been tough sledding up in my area. Not much for deer sign, but have found a load of moose sign. Been putting on lots of miles pounding brush.

I blew an opportunity the other morning that will eat at me for a long time. I was set up in tight quarters with a signpost rub in sight. I heard a deer move through before it was light enough to see so I was pumped I decided to get in early and set up there. Then around 830 I was texting with my wife about frickin dinner plans of all things and heard what sounded like a deer coming down the trail. I froze and listened… the makeshift ground blind I made in the dark was blocking my view of where the sound was and I didn’t dare move. After sitting motionless for a bit I heard a squirrel chatter from the direction of where I heard the sound so I let my guard down, dug my phone back out to finish my text and heard the telltale sound of a deer turning around and running out of my life forever. bawling redface

It’s buck only up here so who knows if that was even a buck or not, but considering the circumstances, it probably was! D’oh!!!

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

I brought my son Henry up to deer camp for the first time, what a great experience. We are up in the NE corner of area 241.

At 9 years old he has another year before he can shoot (and he’s not ready for that decision yet anyway), so this was his trial run of getting up early, practicing gun safety with his unloaded rifle, sitting quietly through the day, enjoying “cabin time,” and over-eating each night.

We saw 16 deer over 3 days, Henry was asleep for a few of them and mad when I didn’t wake him up. It was pretty exciting for him, especially having a set of does hanging out so close to our stand that he couldn’t see them below our feet for awhile, and scoping a few that we didn’t take. My target buck came past the stand twice before shooting hours: 30 minutes early on Saturday and 15 minutes early on Sunday, just a dark grunting silhouette and a trail cam picture that confirmed it was him…

I harvested a smallish buck on Monday afternoon and Henry got to take part in that decision in the stand, experience the shot and also the work that comes after the shot. We volunteered to send in the spleen for a MN-DNR study on pesticide build-up in deer, so it was a good education for him in looking through and identifying each of the various organs before cutting off the spleen and packaging it up.

Attachments:
    1. huntingmorning.jpg

2. hunting2.jpg

3. hunting3.jpg

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Shot this one Sunday with the bow. Walked up on him in his bed on the way back to the truck.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1721.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

My daughter and I had a good day. No record breaking but filled the freezer. She got hers first and second deer walked up to us while I was gutting hers. I grabbed her gun and got mine !

dang Gino, they just fall at your feet don’t they!! jester congrats to your daughter.

My brother hunts 169, got a fawn, I hunt 197 and never seen a deer in legal hours. This was the quietest deer opener I’ve seen since the bucks only after them couple rough Winters

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Hey Tom didnt get the guts! 1 lung, went 40 yards, practice and you will find the potential of your weapon you see the exit hole

Tim Conroy Jr.

Oh, Whatever man. The hole is barely ahead of the back leg. You are in no position to preach.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Oh, Whatever man. The hole is barely ahead of the back leg. You are in no position to preach.

Whats your problem. Are you in a position to criticize

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The hole is barely ahead of the back leg.

Did it cross your mind at all, that hole could be the EXIT hole? And you would be criticizing a fellow hunter on where the bullet or arrow exits.

Or do as I teach my 4 year old, if you don’t have anything nice to say….

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Tom did I offend your stupid azz? Are you jealous or just a idiot? Back off and like mom say if you don’t have nothing nice to say shut the f up!! And yes that is exit hole!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Yeah Tom what they said.Get off Scratchers a$$ i don’t see your picture holding a set of horns.Did you miss or gut shoot it and could’nt find it.

Tim Conroy Jr.

I don’t even care how you got it. It’s a nice deer. I wouldn’t be bragging about your long shots though. That’s all I’m saying. My first post was defending Scratcher, not criticizing.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Thanks Bearcat and werm guess tom was defending me!! Wtf I need no help from him lmao

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Some real nice bucks in this thread.

I posted my 9 pointer in another thread. It’s not nearly as nice as some of the bucks in this thread.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Some real nice bucks in this thread.

I posted my 9 pointer in another thread. It’s not nearly as nice as some of the bucks in this thread.

What thread I was trying to find it?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What thread I was trying to find it?

It’s in the live from the tree thread.

orve4

Spent most of the opening weekend and Saturday in the stand. Have a farm south of Wadena. There was Constance bucks chasing does and was a fun time to be in the stand. Had the pleasure of getting the wife and son out in the stand also.

Attachments:
    1. 102A60D1-1087-44C7-9DB5-8CE7EB80D9CE-scaled.jpeg

2. ABE36E4C-0DDD-4F1A-88B7-2B6A995C51DB.png

Stanley

Got this one Saturday morning about 7am. Dressed at 216 lbs.

Attachments:
    1. B7D26FD2-A7C4-4815-A6E0-D561F5D21FD8-scaled.jpeg

2. 2E47ECC4-883F-49D3-ABAC-04234259D940-scaled.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Dandy buck Stanley. Where about do you hunt? Looks like all grassland in the back ground.

Stanley

Dandy buck Stanley. Where about do you hunt? Looks like all grassland in the back ground.

Thanks, we hunt in Eden Valley. It’s all farm land by us. It’s actually the family farm my grandma grew up on and has been in the family over 100 years. He came walking right towards me from the cattails in the background. About 100 yard shot across the field.

Viewing 26 posts - 31 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.