Anybody fish the Rainyriver this weekend.

• chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

A group of us are going up Thurs.-Sun. First time there. staying at the Thunderbird. Any reports or tips would be appreciated.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I’ll be up there the same time as you chuck. Also my first time to rainy river in the spring though I have made quite a few trips to lotw over the last 3 years. Check out the rainy river forum page as they have some recent posts. From what I’m reading the bite has been slow. Water Temps are around 39 degrees and so far not a lot of lake walleyes being caught. I’m hoping the water warms up a bit before we get up there but who knows with the colder Temps projected. Either way its a trip I’m looking forward to. My grandfather made this trip for 34 years before he passed away a few years ago and I’m happy to carry on the tradition. If you see my black alumacraft classic 165 with a 70 hp suzuki say hello

bronco83
    Central Minnesota

I will be there as well. We plan to leave on Thursday and fish on Friday before meeting at the Thunderbird. Do you know what time we are supposed to meet on Friday?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I will be there as well. We plan to leave on Thursday and fish on Friday before meeting at the Thunderbird. Do you know what time we are supposed to meet on Friday?

Supposed to meet Thurs. evening not Fri. at Thunderbird.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I fished it yesterday! Everything is shaping up very nicely for this weekend fishing. I imagine come wed or thur at the latest the majority of lake fish will be pushed into the river. Sunny skies and warmer temps helps a lot.
    For everyone fishing the Rainy this weekend. Use caution. The river is 4′ low and hazards that are typically under water are now exposed or right near the surface. A good map chip is crucial and visual guidance will help. I foresee the danger areas to be between birchdale and frontier as well as the end of ramps.

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

I will be up there as well and I talked to Chris and the meeting is Thursday night at 7:00. Looking forward to it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sounds like the water is open to 4 mile bay (per Clementson’s FB page), and the county will be opening up the Wheeler’s Point access. Good news for everyone staying out there!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Crappie if you see 2 guys in a princecraft with a shiney new merc 75 4st and they look clueless that be us.Feel free to stop say hi and maybe a beer.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Cal were you using plastics? how heavy of jigs did you need.Hot color.I will take any tips I can get.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Look forward to hearing some reports from you guys. We wont be up until Sunday around noon. Good thing is we will be staying for the week.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Look forward to hearing some reports from you guys. We wont be up until Sunday around noon. Good thing is we will be staying for the week.

Doesnt the walleye season close on the 14th? Pike and Perch are open all year if thats what you are after i suppose after the 14th or if you are going to Canada…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yeah walleye closes this Sunday. A lot of people will still be there sturg fishing tho. Btw you guys are staying at the Thunderbird in I Falls?! That’s a helluva drive.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Werm what reg book are you reading? Mine says the 14th. After Tuesday then we start fishing for real fish.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.