Anybody fish Ten Mile near Hackensack?

• rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

I have a buddy who just got a place on Ten Mile. Looks like lots of structure but very, very clear. Not looking for anyone’s hotspot but a general idea how to approach. We fish Eyes and Northerns mostly. Is is strictly a night bite for eyes?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Not sure about the fishing there, but I heard 10 mile is the clearest lake in MN

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Everything I have ever read says night bite is what works.

David Bollig

Got blown off of Leech last June went to 10 Mile. Caught two nice walleyes at noon on a sunny day, however we fished deep weedline on windblown side of lake. When we left, a cabin owner on the lake was at the landing and said it was a poor walleye lake and he had not caught a walleye in years.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

We take a family vacation to ten mile every year and have done so for a very long time. Very deep, very very clear. Don’t expect much of a day bite for walleyes however bass and northern can be targeted during the day. If you can find them the lake has some decent sized crappies. The local bait shop (Swanson’s) should be able to help with reports and presentation depending on what time of year you are there.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like we will be putting on the headlamps…

We’ve been on the lake a couple of times. It is extremely clear. Being a river guy most of my life it freaked me out a couple times looking down and seeing huge boulders and then realized we were in 12-15 feet of water.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.