Any P2 Reports?

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I might have to start walleye fishing, catfish have eluded me 4 nights now.

The shiners are absolutely stacked in the shallow eddys. Fish all night were pounding em.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Fantastic. Those shoreline current seams on the upper river should really heat up with the water coming up this week.

Mike, I think you should change your screen name to “Action Stage” ! peace

-J.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

At hidden falls tonight. You guys weren’t kiddin about the shiners stacked in the eddies. Found probably 20-30 on the shore in one little spot— I’m assuming they were trying to escape a predator. Was putting them on my jig with a gulp twister. Got 4 drum, a pike, and a walleye right at dark. River is really moving–last I checked USGS site said something like 42,000 cfs–and is way high. Saw 3-4 fishing boats by the dam and a couple cruisers. Did anybody else get out, and how did you do if so?

Edit: Didn’t hear any owls tonight…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike W wrote:</div>
    Fantastic. Those shoreline current seams on the upper river should really heat up with the water coming up this week.

Mike, I think you should change your screen name to “Action Stage” ! peace

-J.

I always assumed its called “action stage” because thats when the fish get most active.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Hoot hoot, anybody there?

Y’all die of a heat stroke?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

It was decent on Friday, but slower for us than it had been. Water was up, a little dirty (which stinks for a guy that likes trolling cranks and sipping beer). We caught about 20 fish in under 4 hours, half walleye, some decent smallies, snagged a big fat carp (are they full of spawn? thing was bloated!).

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Trolling didnt work out so well for us today. Nothing to show actually.

Then I do what I do best in high water and pitch shorelines, brought several eyes to the boat with jig and plastic. Toss er on shore and let it fall down to seam. Some smacked it right on shore, others at the base of the drop.

MN is spitting out alot of crap, north of the confluence ain’t too bad.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Got out yesterday for a few hours. Didnt take long to find fish in the current breaks. Breaks we fished where set up nice with not to much crap in them. Some held just a few fish, others a lot of fish. Hair jigs, jig/crawler and crankbaits all took fish. Looks like the water is going to stay up for a while. Good fishing.

Attachments:
    1. 20180705_143325.jpg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice one Mike !
    -J.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Just another day for mike w. Nice one!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Can’t wait to get back out!!

Nice fish and update Mike toast

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good bite again today. Casting cranks worked well. Pretty good on jig/crawler to. Paid off to work over the fishy areas and hit the river early. Nice sized saugers mixed in with the walleyes today.

Attachments:
    1. 20180707_132942.jpg

2. 20180707_133006.jpg

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Good bite again today. Casting cranks worked well. Pretty good on jig/crawler to. Paid off to work over the fishy areas and hit the river early. Nice sized saugers mixed in with the walleyes today.

Looks like you guys did pretty well today Mike. yay

mark z
    South Minneapolis

Where are you guys launching out of? Hidden falls has been closed for a week or so.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We have been using the Hidden Harbor ramp in St Paul Park. Their small craft ramp is closed for repairs but the large craft ramp is still open. Easy ramp to use even in high flow. The bar has some awesome full wing chicken wings to. $10 to launch.

Mississipi pub ramp should be open to. Spring lake ramp looked open but not sure how easy that one is to use in high water. Think I heard river heights marina ramp is open to.

Not sure about water gate or any of the other marinas up that way.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Watergate is open

mark z
    South Minneapolis

Launched out of Watergate today, 11:30 – 1:30. Caught some nice ones trolling cranks right next to shore on current seams. Heat drove me out. Clothes were as wet as if I had gone swimming. Water temp 81 degrees.

Steve Pfeifer

Anyone interested in a 1982 lund tiller. It has a 50hp Mariner motor. Great boat, I have been walleye fishing out of it for years. Still runs great.Just needed room in the garage.

2500$

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Anyone interested in a 1982 lund tiller. It has a 50hp Mariner motor. Great boat, I have been <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye fishing out of it for years. Still runs great.Just needed room in the garage.

2500$

That’s a bit more than random…..:???:

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

My boat is for sale to. 2004 Alumacraft Navigator. 75hp yamaha. River walleyes like this boat.

Now its not random.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Does anyone know if Hidden Falls is open again? I was looking at getting out tomorrow evening.

Also, anyone have any boats for sale?

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

All boats SOLD, none left. I would just build your own.

I was down recently and they still had that back portion of the parking lot gated off, but people were just going around it, launching, and then parking the rig back on the “OK” side of the barrier. The water is still high but there’s a little bit of “ramp” there to use.

mark z
    South Minneapolis

Hidden Falls is open. Barriers are removed as of Saturday morning. If you can find current seams, you will find fish.

Jeff Olsen

I was having some good luck while the water was high catching some walleyes on pool 2. With the water back to normal conditions and being my first year on the river does any one have advice. Going out tomorrow with a friend who has never fished the river and I would like to at least catch a few fish. Thanks!

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I caught lots of fish including a 27.5 incher Sunday trolling cranks on current seams.

Jeff Olsen

Thanks Francis, we did catch several walleyes trolling cranks yesterday. An orange rapala worked best for us.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I was out last night too, not crazy action but a consistent bite. 12-15 eyes with several around 20”, purple was my hot color. Crappie, smallies, drum, sauger and this nice pike too

Attachments:
    1. D1983735-F8E8-4CEA-9785-6FD7086E153E.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

U guys in that black 14′?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Yessir! I was solo most of the night but my friend joined me for a few hours. What were you in? (Well, I did have two trouble makers riding along)

Attachments:
    1. FA1FC1DA-9639-475F-997E-0E2E83F8BB4A.jpeg

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 199 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.