Any New Lake Pepin reports

• snelson223
    Austin MN

Heading to lake pepin in the morning with a fellow ido’er and was wonderin how people have been doing?

Bobby foley

I haven’t been out but got a vid last night of a good mayfly hatch

Jaydon M.

My wife and I went out Saturday from about 8-1:00. The bite was quite slow in the river and on Pepin. Tried lots of areas towards the head of the lake and didn’t see many boats. We were checked by the DNR and they said it had been slow for everyone else they checked that morning (one boat had one small walleye in the livewell). There were a few mayflies in the river, and even more once we got out into the lake. Tried live bait (1/8 Oz.jigs and slow death rigs) as well as crankbaits. Caught lots of catfish/drum and one 15″ walleye on the slow death and switched over to all cranks around noon. Was able to land a 23.5″ eye on the last pass before packing up. The last fish salvaged what was otherwise a challenging day on the water (as it can be in late July).

Good luck & tight lines!

Jonesy

I know one of the guides in the area has been having good luck dragging jigs in the river. I have not been there for 10 days but I have heard the trolling bite is somewhat slow. The best fish I got was actually drifting against the current and using a jig and crawler.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jig and a crawler or a Draggon Jig and a willow cat.

Still a slow bite from the little I’ve heard.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.