Another shut down for MN?

• mrpike1973

I have not been able to find out a definite day. My wife was told they were going to find out last Friday now told possibly on Wednesday. The info was given to the higher ups of the saloon she works at.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Two, it will be over when it has touched every life on the planet.

This was part of the PBS special where they interviewed multiple people who lived through the Spanish Flu and their experiences back then. I was not sure I believed it myself, but is sure seem’ to be the case.

Paulski

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

From an ICU nurse at Regions Hospital yesterday.
    “We are 95% full (not all covid) in the ICU. Still doing elective surgery.”

From a few days ago. Looks like 20% are covid cases.
    ICU beds

I thought I read WI is at 88% full ICU.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

The word is that there are NO hospital beds available in Madison, WI.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Glad you can admit that the way covid has been handled produced better results than what happened in Europe and China.

I admitted no such thing. Where do you see any signs that COVID is over and done with in the US? I certainly hope once we get real national leadership in place that does something besides deny and delay, that we handle it better than China and Europe. Currently, we are on track to be in far, far worse shape than either region.

Now go back to your QANON and boogaloo sites.

Grouse

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Motivated voter wrote:</div>
    Glad you can admit that the way covid has been handled produced better results than what happened in Europe and China.

I admitted no such thing. Where do you see any signs that COVID is over and done with in the US? I certainly hope once we get real national leadership in place that does something besides deny and delay, that we handle it better than China and Europe. Currently, we are on track to be in far, far worse shape than either region.

Grouse

I remember when you were likeable.

Stanley

Hospitals don’t make money when their beds are empty. Also not all of us can work from home but are still considered essential. I work on cars for a living(auto body) and with all the talk on here about how everyone is staying home to stay safe we should have nothing to do but yet are now scheduling 2 months out and have been busy even with the first shut down.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Grouse

You are in luck! He is doubling testing sites!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I remember when you were likeable.

I respect different opinions. I don’t believe this pandemic was handled well by the President and the federal government he leads. I want more to be done to prevent as many people from dying as possible.

I’m sorry you find that opinion unlikeable.

Grouse

Deuces

I was under the impression most hospital beds are close to full capacity on normal years. Don’t make money if empty, with the dough health systems are losing on covid so far wouldn’t it make sense they pack em in good nowadays?

Perhaps not everyone in there really needs to be in there. Staff shortages seem to be more concerning rn than beds and ventilators.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

The word is that there are NO hospital beds available in Madison, WI.

shock
    Is this true?

I’m not disputing it nor am I demanding a source as I can easily look it up on my own. Just alarmed as I have family in Madison.

Also not all of us can work from home but are still considered essential. I work on cars for a living(auto body) and with all the talk on here about how everyone is staying home to stay safe we should have nothing to do but yet are now scheduling 2 months out and have been busy even with the first shut down.

Although I feel fortunate for the time being not having to report to a workplace, I do recognize the many that still do. For some, perhaps they believe it’s no big deal and worry little about it.

For many other’s, I can certainly imagine a heightened feeling of anxiety every day they show up for work. And just that alone is not a healthy work environment. I do not envy anyone in that situation.

There though is still the responsibility of reporting to work which is a much different discretion than those that choose to ignore all guidelines and gather in large groups for entertainment, fun and games.

big_g
    Isle, MN

forget it….

castle-rock-clown

There’s no guarantees when fighting a worldwide disease. As for my government at least make it look like your trying to mitigate it and take it seriously. I can then live, or die with the outcome. I was a firefighter for a couple decades and have seen way to much stupid death and injury. I’m not saying don’t take chances and live your life, I’m just talking about situations like those teens whose house I responded to who found their dads revolver and decided to play Russian roulette…ok, now I admit I’m heading off into the weeds.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

why are we insulting each other?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

The “next big shutdown” fear mongering is directed by the same people that have their panties in a bunch over Biden winning convincingly. Go home and use up some of your TP reserves from this Spring, or the 10,000 rounds of 9mm you are sitting on at absurd prices thinking it somehow will make you safer than a couple boxes. It will not change your lives one bit who is elected President. No, I don’t think he’s going to be that great. I have gone on the record here saying both he and Trump aren’t great candidates, but I’ve never seen so many people afraid of an over-the-hill white guy and a miniority female VP. The sky isn’t falling. Everyone will survive without their favorite painted Cheetoh in office spewing false information on the daily.

Biden’s Covid strategy is still going to be fairly general and more “feel good”, as it will be up to the states to implement everything. Minnesota is not in the same boat as Alaska, Florida, Maine, Vermont, NY, etc. When talking about Walz, he has really let localities make decisions regarding schools. The real face-to-face service industry like bars, restaurants, nail salons, barber shops, etc are going to be the places that continue to take a hit even if no further restrictions are levied. I do not think the Governor will just blatantly shut everything down like a light switch. Covid is so widespread in the state now that even shutting things down isn’t going to fix much.

Spot on Bucky applause

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

From an ICU nurse at Regions Hospital yesterday.
    “We are 95% full (not all covid) in the ICU. Still doing elective surgery.”

This is normal.

Except the percentage that are covid related today are displacing other care patients. Couldn’t tell you what those are today, but earlier this year it was a lot of preventative and diagnostic services like electives.

blank

It doesn’t really matter how many beds and ventilators are available if there aren’t health care staff to help you because they’re sick or under quarantine too.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

For everybody saying ICU beds are always full is that because you work in the health care industry or just saying they are always full so hospitals make money? Just curious because the best I could find on the google machine is ICU beds utilization rates average about 68% in the US. But it seems like it is the 20% for one specific issue that is the concern, and I assume the length of stay?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well all I can answer is “we” is not me or you.

There are those that have cream and sugar in their coffee and those that drink it black. Does that answer anything?

Meanwhile, I’m just gonna offer some fishing advice to fella asking about early ice bluegills in Madison on another thread.

mojogunter

Your mama wears size 14 army boots and they are too small for her. I think I went too far there.

Bassn Dan

I have not been able to find out a definite day. My wife was told they were going to find out last Friday now told possibly on Wednesday. The info was given to the higher ups of the saloon she works at.

Try not to stress out based on rumors.

Hair salons are a reliable source for rumors and gossip, BUT actual fact-based information, usually not as much………..

Stay safe, and I hope things work out ok for you and her.

Stanley

The person who blindly follows trump and parrots all the right wing talking points calling other people sheep… waytogo

Get over it man. Biden is your new president. If you don’t like it, move to a different country.[/quote]

Just like the last 4 years of the left bashing trump supports and that was ok? DU is that way man, and I don’t mean ducks unlimited.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

For everybody saying ICU beds are always full is that because you work in the health care industry or just saying they are always full so hospitals make money?

I never said ICU.

My buddy was the man in charge of Mayo Roch cleaning staff. No longer employed there as of recently (Something about a tough economic year for Mayo, earlier in the year was a pay cut also). If i recall the conversation way back when, of the 900 beds, 850 were full and those 50 were being cleaned in the next hour so they could be filled. It was like a room or two a floor! I was amazed at the stats at the time. He is one to be widely aware of “Empty Beds” and the first to know one didn’t get ready in time.
    The number of available beds was around 550 at one point this year.. numbers that support all the furloughs in the medical industry this year.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This thread went off the rails again. It went from another statewide potential partial shutdown to Biden bashing to Trump bashing to Qanon conspiracies.

Back to the original topic.

I do think there is the potential for more restrictions. However, I don’t think it will be like it was in the spring. The restrictions that I can foresee are at indoor dining establishments and allowable capacity for places like church or bars. The primary spread at the moment seems to be small gatherings with families and friends though. Most people are getting it from someone they know.

Lastly, the infection rate in all the states bordering MN are the highest in the nation. Rural infection rates are soaring too. The metro area is not the primary issue at this time. For everyone that lived in a rural area and thought it was only a city problem…

The goal is to not overwhelm health care systems. We’re precariously close to that.

walleye216

For everybody saying ICU beds are always full is that because you work in the health care industry or just saying they are always full so hospitals make money? Just curious because the best I could find on the google machine is ICU beds utilization rates average about 68% in the US. But it seems like it is the 20% for one specific issue that is the concern, and I assume the length of stay?

I work in health care, but not an ICU. I don’t know the exact percentage of how full our ICUs typically are, but they are rarely near capacity. Larger hospitals have different types of ICUs for different health problems, but now most are being used at least in part for Covid patients. My hospital has also converted an entire general hospital floor to now care for non ICU Covid patients. On top of all this we still have a PPE shortage and hundreds of staff out with Covid or on quarantine.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Since this has turned political like most post lately I just want to go on record to point out some key economic indicators now so we can compare then to what they are 4 years from now.

Unemployment Rate Prior to Covid – 3.25% – Nearly level for the full year prior to Covid
    Nationwide average Gas price – Currently 1.70-1.95
    Current Prime Rate – 3.25. Average 30 yr fixed home rate 3.06 and 15 year at 2.6
    Inflation rate ending in Sept. at 1.4 and has been below 1.5 for the last year or so.
    Home sales – Averaged 5.4 Million for the last 4 years.

If these key #’s are this good in 4 years I’ll be the first person to say well done Biden or Harris – Who ever is our president at the end of the 4 year term.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Since this has turned political like most post lately I just want to go on record to point out some key economic indicators now so we can compare then to what they are 4 years from now.

Unemployment Rate Prior to Covid – 3.25% – Nearly level for the full year prior to Covid
    Nationwide average Gas price – Currently 1.70-1.95
    Current Prime Rate – 3.25. Average 30 yr fixed home rate 3.06 and 15 year at 2.6
    Inflation rate ending in Sept. at 1.4 and has been below 1.5 for the last year or so.
    Home sales – Averaged 5.4 Million for the last 4 years.

If these key #’s are this good in 4 years I’ll be the first person to say well done Biden or Harris – Who ever is our president at the end of the 4 year term.

It may surprise some people but maintaining the economy isn’t the only job of the president. I for one think Trump did a terrible job of maintaining relationships with our foreign allies not to mention relations within our own country. i bring that up only to provide another job duty not to try to stoke the fire although im sure it will accomplish that as well. I do like that he tried to play hardball with China although i don’t know how successful he was with making changes

basseyes

Both sides are the problem.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Thanks FishBlood&RiverMud and walleye216. Good info.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Another shut down for MN?’ is closed to new replies.