Alrighty! Feels good to be back!

• shockers
    Rochester

Well, I managed to get back on to the site. Whew. That was too long without my IDO fix.

Having been through a site relaunch myself, I have a lot of appreciation for all the various bugs/issues to work through. So I’ll be patient. I’m sure your team is busy tracking the various bugs and preparing a list of fixes etc.

My initial observations (which others may have already covered):

– Still struggling with how the site views on my iPhone. Not sure if it’s mobile optimized (or mobile adaptive) or not, but could just be early bug issues. It is viewable.

– Any chance you can use one of your main home page tiles (boxes) to display the forum threads? To me that was one very nice feature of the old site – allowed me to quickly see the latest threads being posted etc. each time I went to the site from my phone or desktop. Would be pretty easy to do I think.

– Don’t bother using IE8. I finally had to switch to Firefox on desktop.

– Photos/pictures etc. look great. And I like how it appears you’ll be promoting IDO episodes etc. Very cool.

– Overall the site is a bit busy for my eyes, but could be cuz it’s new or cuz you’re busy transitioning stuff.

– Most importantly…so with all this high water, what’s my best bet for trying to catch some eyes on the Mississippi or southern MN? Argh.

Keep up the great work, James.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

In the forums you will see they disabled todays topics for now. Not sure about adding as a tile to the homepage, but certainly it should be there once you get into forums when and if they put today’s topics back.

TODAY’S TOPICS
    We have disabled this widget to improve the site performance. Our web team is working on resolving its bugs, and we should have this important piece back up shortly.

You can browse topics through the Forums navigation as usual.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Still too many things wrong. Hopefully fixed soon.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Speaking of wrong… I did my very best to keep you out smiley. )

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Why can’t I see anybody’s names in a thread?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Tim, that bug has been reported. Are you using the Iphone per chance?

deertracker

I see we got the new reply notification back. Now I just need to figure out how to find/use the emoticons.
    DT

shoot-n-release
    Mora, MN

A couple of things I haven’t figured out yet:

1) is there a back/index button within the thread, or do I have to use the browser’s back button or click on General Discussion forum In red at the top of the page? I believe the old site had an index button at the bottom. That was more convenient than having to scroll back to the top.

2) do the thread titles look different if there are new posts within them I haven’t read?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Takes up to 30 seconds for every page to load
    Cannot reset password
    Cannot log in form Droid

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Now I just need to figure out how to find/use the emoticons.

We lost Big G over this. )

1) is there a back/index button within the thread, or do I have to use the browser’s back button or click on General Discussion forum In red at the top of the page? I believe the old site had an index button at the bottom. That was more convenient than having to scroll back to the top.

That’s the two options available at this time.

I agree it would be nice to have “IDO › Community › Forums › Fishing › General Discussion Forum ›” at the bottom of the page as well.

Has anyone seen Suzuki around?

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Yeah good to be back…

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

Well, we were down a little bit longer than expected but nothing major. 3 and a half additional days of ‘NO IDO” time on a project of this scope is understandable.
    <P></P>
    <P>The first order of business will be to get everyone logged back in. Most people are going to need to go through the “password recovery” process. Look for a link to a help document under “Today’s Topics” titled “Members: Recovering Your Account” for a step by step on how to get that done.</P>

big_g
    Isle, MN

Not quite. I almost lost it over IE8…. IDO finally made me try CHROME )

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Redneck was having some major issues with IE8 and Ido as well.

Sounds like a quick up grade to FireFox worked for him.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Go Chrome or go home!

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

i was stuck in the mud for a few days trying to browse with opera
    tried firefox this morning and it made a huge difference
    site looks great. i am sure the guys will have things up to speed soon

Viewing 17 posts - 91 through 107 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.