all I’m going to say

• Netguy
    Minnetonka

Term limits and mandatory retirement.

I am in favor of both.

Beast, are you trying to trump Dutchboy with starting a Thursday night topic?

Beast

Would you want to hire a plumber that was required to only be a plumber for 8 years and then had to be something else? You say you don’t want career politicians, but complain when the politicians are bad at there job. You know how you get good at a job? Experience. Maybe instead of mandatory service and term limits we should require voters be competent.

you can fire a plumber on the spot if his work is no good. and the plumber knows it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You know how you get good at a job? Experience..

That may be true for some professions, but not for politicians. The only thing they get better at with more time is how to work the system better. They most often use that to THEIR advantage, Not ours !!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That may be true for some professions, but not for politicians. The only thing they get better at with more time is how to work the system better.

They definitely get better at lying as they age.

FinnyDinDin

Given the mental state of fetterman I think we should add a mental fitness test before you can take office as well. That would have screened out him and Brandon.

Riverrat

I’m sticking with most problems arising from the general voters being totally unworthy to participate in elections. If you don’t know your candidates voting history, what bills they sponsored or co-sponsored, what committees they sit on, where they got their political science or law education, and what their platform is, you shouldn’t be allowed to vote. And that’s all I’m going to say.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m sticking with most problems arising from the general voters being totally unworthy to participate in elections. If you don’t know your candidates voting history, what bills they sponsored or co-sponsored, what committees they sit on, where they got their political science or law education, and what their platform is, you shouldn’t be allowed to vote. And that’s all I’m going to say.

I wouldn’t have a clue who to vote for. Last thing I want in life is to super study and spend my entire life worried about politics. What a lame way to live.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

You say you don’t want career politicians, but complain when the politicians are bad at there job.

Well they are almost all career politicians and they are almost all bad at their jobs. And term and age limits would get rid of all of them. So yeah, great idea, and you don’t have to sell me on it so subtly. rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Riverrat wrote:</div>

I wouldn’t have a clue who to vote for. Last thing I want in life is to super study and spend my entire life worried about politics. What a lame way to live.

I don’t think you have to super study a candidate, but you should take a little time to know who they are and what their views are on things ( Not that they are are held to those views ) Far to many people voting these days that vote simply based on the Letter behind the candidates name, or based on one main political issue. There lies the problem. Voting is a right and a responsibility. It should be made with some thought and seriousness.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t think you have to super study a candidate, but you should take a little time to know who they are and what their views are on things ( Not that they are are held to those views ) Far to many people voting these days that vote simply based on the Letter behind the candidates name, or based on one main political issue. There lies the problem. Voting is a right and a responsibility. It should be made with some thought and seriousness.
    [/quote]

I can’t sit and look in to every council member senate member and so on and so on. Figure out everything they back and lie about backing just to never do another thing they promise. I do on the important seats in my mind. The rest I’ll leave blank or fill in my buddy Frank’s name for a runner. But as others mentioned above, I wasnt in the service so my opinion shouldn’t matter any ways

Kraig5858

Once every 2 years you vote for 1 House of Rep. 2 times over 6 years you select your 2 Senators and 1 time every 4 years you vote for a President. It shouldn’t take much time to learn something about the candidates and make your choice. You have no choice about the other 98 Senators or 434 House members.(It seems as though some here worry more about things they have no say in than what they have a voice in.)

As for term limits: Republicans keep saying they want them, but they keep nominating and voting for the same person over and over. Democrats don’t want them.
    Age: If you feel the age is to extreme for the job they have to do, don’t vote for them.

queenswake
    NULL

None of us can really relate to politicians. When are you in Congress, it’s such a completely different life. It’s more than a normal job that you and I have. It’s all they’ve ever known for years and they don’t know what to do with themselves otherwise. So many of them die shortly after retiring.

I fly to DC a lot for work(here now). And I often see one of our Reps or Senators on the flights. I cannot imagine the grind of flying back and forth each week, and constantly living in two places.

I’d also add that I used to live and work in DC and your life is all about work there. The jobs are intense and it overwhelms your life. Since moving back to MN, and especially since COVID, man has my perspective changed. Work is totally secondary, and I love that MN culture supports that.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What I’ve done for about the last 4 major election cycles and midterms is absentee ballot. It comes a month early. That way I can do a little homework on some of these dip shits. Plus voting day is often right during deer firearms season and if I can avoid crowds of people and potential lines, even better.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

It really doesnt matter who you vote for. They’re all just car salesmen.

Michael Best

I am all for it and would add the unelected officials as well.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

What I’ve done for about the last 4 major election cycles and midterms is absentee ballot. It comes a month early. That way I can do a little homework on some of these dip shits. Plus voting day is often right during deer firearms season and if I can avoid crowds of people and potential lines, even better.

I’m glad you take the time to do a little homework. I’m still not a fan of the Absentee ballot thing. Just my .02 worth. I think it just leads to overall ?’s about the validity of the results that is not there if everyone votes in person. I’ve always been able to find and print a sample ballot well prior to election day. I do a little research and then fill in my sample ballot. I then bring this sample ballot to the polling location and use it to complete my ballot. I also have deer hunted for many years and never let it effect my voting process in person. Once again, just my opinion.

Brad Dimond

I’m glad you take the time to do a little homework. I’m still not a fan of the Absentee ballot thing. Just my .02 worth. I think it just leads to overall ?’s about the validity of the results that is not there if everyone votes in person. I’ve always been able to find and print a sample ballot well prior to election day. I do a little research and then fill in my sample ballot. I then bring this sample ballot to the polling location and use it to complete my ballot. I also have deer hunted for many years and never let it effect my voting process in person. Once again, just my opinion.

Mayor Daley and the Chicago cemeteries put JFK in the office at a time when absentee ballots were a nit. The 2016 & 2020 absentee ballot questions were found to have no basis in fact. My BIL presided as a Federal judge at one of the 2020 election challenges, dismissed the case because there was no evidence, only supposition and speculation.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The back of the ballot is nothing but local, minor elections for judges, sheriffs, and council members that I know absolutely nothing about. Many of them run uncontested too. One of the reasons I switched to absentee ballot ahead of time is because I’d get to this portion of the ballot and have no clue about the candidates.

I don’t deer hunt where I live either, so I’m probably a good hour away from my polling location. That would take about 3 hours out of my day to go do it and deer season is only 9 days long. Its just a lot easier and more convenient for me to fill out a ballot at home than it is to do it in person. If I was required to do it in person, I would.

The absentee ballot requires certification, a witness signature, and I can track it to ensure it arrives where it should on time. Its made my voting life a lot easier, convenient, and less time consuming even if its not for everyone. I understand many people prefer to cast their ballot in person on election day. I don’t.

JEREMY
    BP

What homework is there to do. They all say crap they know you wanna hear and never do any of it.

Gitchi Gummi

My BIL presided as a Federal judge at one of the 2020 election challenges, dismissed the case because there was no evidence, only supposition and speculation.

sadly, the lack of evidence doesn’t stop many from crying about that election being “stolen”

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brad Dimond wrote:</div>
    My BIL presided as a Federal judge at one of the 2020 election challenges, dismissed the case because there was no evidence, only supposition and speculation.

sadly, the lack of evidence doesn’t stop many from crying about that election being “stolen”

I have never gotten a speeding ticket – Guess that proves that I’ve never drove over the speed limit right !!! jester

only supposition and speculation. Neither of which would be there for me if everyone voted in person. waytogo

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

To me one of the things that is needed to start allowing this system we have in place to work like it was designed to, is for people to stop voting simply along party lines. For this to happen for me the elected politicians need to start doing the same. The whole party line thing has just gotten worse and worse over the years

CaptainMusky

Sounds familiar. Killary said it back in 2016.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Almost 19 million more votes in 2020 than in 2016 ? I think any reasonable person could come to the conclusion, with the covid pandemic in full swing and some states dropping of mail in ballots to anyone, whether requested or not was rampant, about 19 million more people voted, than normally would have. smirk

Brad Dimond

Sounds familiar. Killary said it back in 2016.

Hillary crapped her pants due to arrogance, nothing was stolen.

Beast

after all these years you would think our voting system would be bullet proof…..not all in politics are corrupt, but if they’re in long enough they all have more opportunities to be corrupt. how else can the spend millions on a job that pays thousands and walk out with multimillions….and voting straight party lines the same as great grandparents, grandparents ,parents, just because change isn’t good….

Ripjiggen

ALL I’M GOING TO SAY

Liar!!!!! rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.