opener results?

• Don Hanson

Anybody have any reports on the opener around the Alex. area?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Don, Some friends have a cabin on Osakis, the opener was cold and raining, but they got a couple eyes. No one has been back up yet, maybe next weekend. Are you going up that way? I will be fishing Red next for some slab crappies out of Rogers. Brian

jhalfen

Don: We were on Maple, which allowed us to fish during Saturday’s big blow. We managed 11 fish for the weekend, with most of those coming at dusk Saturday and at dawn Sunday. Nothing huge, but all nice eaters. NOTHING after dark, either long-lining minnow baits in 6-12 fow or jigging in deeper water.

We had water temps of 51 on Friday, down to 48 on Sunday. All of our fish were caught in 18-23 fow, on a weed/sand transition. We marked lots of fish in deep water spots (bars, drops) but found biters in only a relatively confined area. Dragging jigs/shiners or rigging shiners/fatheads put fish in the boat. NO action on leeches: too cold yet. A very slow presentation was key.

Don Hanson

Brian, I may be headed up that way in a couple of weeks. Jason, sounds like a pretty good opener on Maple. It would of been tough fishing on the bigger lakes. Thanks guys.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

sorry I didn’t post a result over opener, still recovering I fished for about 3 hours 1am -4 am and nothing the rest of the weekend the boyz wanted to catch bottle bass, it was open season with 7 college buddies getting together for the first time in 5 yrs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.