Opener

• has
    Hudson, WI

Any fellow members headed out for opener? I’ll be out there, look for a 1891sc Warrior, with stcroixadventures.com sticker on it. . Also heard the crappie action is dino-might right now. 8-12′ with tube jigs and also crappie minnows.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Has, looks like you will have the lake to yourself

Good luck out there, I look forward to your weekend report. Should be a great opener!

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

HAS,……….
    Do you have a report for us? I fished a small lake south of Minnewaska. We did very well. I heard other area lakes were slow/poor. How did you guy’s do?
    Splitshot

has
    Hudson, WI

Well all I can say is fishing was horrible. I saw one walleye caught all weekened, plus the 14″ I caught. With the cold weather that moved in, the crappies moved out with all the other fish.
    I can say that the bass population is unbelivable. We caught 85 largemouth bass on Saturday. It was unreal. All were caught on jig/ringworm combo. We litteraly had tripels none-stop. We also caught LB’s on cranks and boards, that lake is full of them.
    I’ll be up there after I get back from Devils Lake. The fishing will pick up. And the sunfish season should be in full swing by then.

has
    Hudson, WI

Here is one good example of the quality bass Minnewaska has. My cousin Blake caught this fish on a jointed shadrap and a planner board.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

What color ringies worked on those largies and what type of water clarity does Minnewaska have? I’ve used the ringies extensively on river bass with great success and would appreciate any info you’d be willing to share.

Thanks in advance and nice photo on that bucketmouth!

Quote:

Well all I can say is fishing was horrible. I saw one walleye caught all weekened, plus the 14″ I caught. With the cold weather that moved in, the crappies moved out with all the other fish.
    I can say that the bass population is unbelivable. We caught 85 largemouth bass on Saturday. It was unreal. All were caught on jig/ringworm combo. We litteraly had tripels none-stop. We also caught LB’s on cranks and boards, that lake is full of them.
    I’ll be up there after I get back from Devils Lake. The fishing will pick up. And the sunfish season should be in full swing by then.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Minnewaska has excellent water quality. It is one of those lakes that has natural sand beaches along the entire shore and water water is very clear for the most part.

Has, now you see why I drive and hour to fish Bass out there. The smallmouth fishing is just as good or better than the largemouth fishing in my opinion.

has
    Hudson, WI

James,
    As Scott had stated, Minnewaska is VERY clear, especially since the weeds haven’t bloomed yet. The best ringies were motoroil/chart-tail or purplr/chart-tail. We were throwing heavy heads 3/16th’s, and poping them back towards the boat. Has worked well on the walleyes out there, when the water is a bite warmer.

Scott, I forgot to mention the Smallmouth. Man those buggers are huge as well. We caught a half dozen or so out on the weedline edges in 14-17′, on leeches and minnows.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.